GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
There will be one eventually, but the shift points are really not much different between stage 1 and 2.
Is there a difference if you choose stage 3 and vortex as your turbo?

EDIT: maybe? My file name says stage 3

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Is there a difference if you choose stage 3 and vortex as your turbo?

EDIT: maybe? My file name says stage 3
Yes stage 3 files have significant differences besides just WOT shift points.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
There will be one eventually, but the shift points are really not much different between stage 1 and 2.
Thanks! That's what I was gathering but wasn't positive (regarding shift points). I did place a custom tune order for my current DSG file to max out LC RPM's at 3500...found it gave me the best times (4000rpm actually spun the wheels a little for the first time ever)

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
General question for anyone with experience -- If I ordered my AP and OTS tune from EQT at the same time (woohoo boost season sale!), do I need to load the tune on the AP once it arrives/will they email me an OTS file? Or should the file be pre-loaded on the AP? How can/should I tell the difference? Hoping to flash tonight, assuming I have the tune file, as my AP is slated for delivery today.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
General question for anyone with experience -- If I ordered my AP and OTS tune from EQT at the same time (woohoo boost season sale!), do I need to load the tune on the AP once it arrives/will they email me an OTS file? Or should the file be pre-loaded on the AP? How can/should I tell the difference? Hoping to flash tonight, assuming I have the tune file, as my AP is slated for delivery today.
I think EQT puts it on the Access Port but I'm not positive. I mentioned to you in another thread that you probably haven't seen yet but you need to install the Access Port Manager software on your PC so you can check that the firmware is up to date on the Access Port. You'll need it on your PC anyway if you order other tunes in the future plus Cobb is constantly updating the firmware.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I think EQT puts it on the Access Port but I'm not positive. I mentioned to you in another thread that you probably haven't seen yet but you need to install the Access Port Manager software on your PC so you can check that the firmware is up to date on the Access Port. You'll need it on your PC anyway if you order other tunes in the future plus Cobb is constantly updating the firmware.
Thanks, yeah I saw that. I apologize (across the board) for being annoying with the questions, I'm just suuuuper amped about the flash and want to be sure I'm prepared.

I've never done anything with the AccessPort before, I've used the OrangeVirus tune with their hardware but on my VWs it's always been tuned via a dealer. But it sounds like it should be pretty straightforward. Very much looking forward to it, my battery charger is ready and hopefully it'll go smoothly.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
The OTS ECU tune should come preloaded on your Accessport. I see you're 6MT so that's all you need. I'm DSG and that file comes later after you send them your TCU ID which you need to lookup with the Accessport installed.

I ordered my AP and OTS tunes on 11/1 and just flashed my car 11/7.

RunRbt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Manual
So, giant derp here, guilty as charged. Probably dumb questions, but here goes. If I go with a Stage 2 93oct tune, would it be acceptable/safe to drop in like a gallon of Ethanol when I fill up? I have a JB1 right now, and it seems to run smoother for some reason when I mix in a gallon of E with the 93. No idea why, maybe the 93 is poop? Also, Stage 2 E30 tune on stock hpfp a no-no?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So, giant derp here, guilty as charged. Probably dumb questions, but here goes. If I go with a Stage 2 93oct tune, would it be acceptable/safe to drop in like a gallon of Ethanol when I fill up? I have a JB1 right now, and it seems to run smoother for some reason when I mix in a gallon of E with the 93. No idea why, maybe the 93 is poop? Also, Stage 2 E30 tune on stock hpfp a no-no?
A gallon or two of e85 will do you no harm.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
i mix a couple of gallons of ethanol with 91 all the time, especially during the summer. an e30 tune is fine on stock hpfp but personally i'm waiting until i get an ethanol sensor

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

E30 tune can be done on stock pump, but you will need a ethanol sensor to know what your content is at.