GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Black Friday Deals

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Hello all,

Figured I would post a sticky for Black Friday Deals for 2021. Please post any deals (that are car relevant) here. For example big sales, coupon codes, links to discounted items, even things like dashcams or radar detectors.

Examples of things to not post:
Shoe deals
spam/scam looking sites
D pics

Arm Motorsports - 11% Off with code: EARLYBFCM
Badge Skins - 30% Off with code: BF30
Boomba Racing - 15% Off with code: BFCM15
Deautoled - 15-30% Off with code BF15, BF30
Eqt boost sale now - Dec 5th
FCP Euro - up to 40% off
Raceseng - 20% Off with code: BF2021
Unitronic - 10-30% Off NOV23-NOV30

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I'm sure most folks are already aware/tuned already, but EQT is having their Boost Season sale. Looks like the price of the AccessPort is up to $695, BUT you get their staged tune free, OR a discount on a custom tune. Definitely a good option for anyone looking for software.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Neuspeed sale started this morning, 15% off pretty much everything I think.

I'm not sure if everybody that sells Neuspeed started the sale or if it's just Modded Euros though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Neuspeed sale started this morning, 15% off pretty much everything I think.

I'm not sure if everybody that sells Neuspeed started the sale or if it's just Modded Euros though.
I got a promo email directly from Neuspeed.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
anyone know of any black friday deals going on a halfway decent tool set for basic mechanic work?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
anyone know of any black friday deals going on a halfway decent tool set for basic mechanic work?

I started with a set similar to that, and here's my recommendation: skip stuff like and just build your own. Sets like that are bloated with tiny bits and accessories, driving up the tool count. And if you're goal is to work on your VW, half the stuff is useless since it's SAE.

Here's what I would get:
  • A basic socket set. Even then, you really need 4x lol. 7mm, 10mm, 13mm, 16mm. That cover 90% of the socket needs. Better if you can get a set with a pivoting ratchet.
  • A basic wrench set
  • A set of torx sockets
  • A set of triple square sockets
You should be able to piece that together for under $100. From there, just grab things as you need them.

Sets like the ones linked above are nice because they come in a nice storage case and do come with a bit, but the majority of it is never used, and they are missing things you will need frequently. Like I've never seen a set in that price range come with triple squares, which VW uses all over the place.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I started with a set similar to that, and here's my recommendation: skip stuff like and just build your own. Sets like that are bloated with tiny bits and accessories, driving up the tool count. And if you're goal is to work on your VW, half the stuff is useless since it's SAE.

Here's what I would get:
  • A basic socket set. Even then, you really need 4x lol. 7mm, 10mm, 13mm, 16mm. That cover 90% of the socket needs. Better if you can get a set with a pivoting ratchet.
  • A basic wrench set
  • A set of torx sockets
You should be able to piece that together for under $100. From there, just grab things as you need them.

Sets like the ones linked above are nice because they come in a nice storage case and do come with a bit, but the majority of it is never used, and they are missing things you will need frequently. Like I've never seen a set in that price range come with triple squares, which VW uses all over the place.
i thought that cheap red molded plastic case was pretty neat but you 're right. i'm borrowing an old craftsman set from a friend and I really only use a few sockets, ratchets and wrenches. thanks for the advice - i'll start hunting now.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
For only $99 it’s still worth owning. I end up using the SAE bits around the house quite often. Supplemented mine with a triple square set, 2x torque wrenches, a breaker bar, a 22mm & 24mm for filter housings, a set of thin open ended wrenches, and an o2 socket. I also like craftsman’s lifetime warranty.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT

Here's what I would get:
  • A basic wrench set
  • A set of torx sockets

Good tip!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

Here's what I would get:
  • A basic wrench set
  • A set of torx sockets

I would add on the tools for suspension and brake work tends towards bigger bolts and fasteners. 13, 15, 16,, 17, 18, and 21(or 22?).

So the build your own idea is good, as what you are working drives your needs.