GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 GTI
Aw yiss, them's my roots!

I got started in turbo cars with a Shelby Charger that I bought off ebay for $1k, and then eventually had all sorts of Turbo Dodges. Omnis, Shadows, a Dakota, a Caravan, etc. I always thought the Omni and the mk1/mk2 Golf looked a lot alike. Also, the history of Carol Shelby, Dodge, the Viper, GLH/GLH-S, and Mitsubishi back in the day is a really interesting story -- and became the foundation for what eventually turned into the Neon SRT-4.

Donovan's Garage was the best!
My dad bought a Spirit brand new in '89. He wanted the Shadow with a stick, but since it was mainly for my mom and us kids he got the 4-door and 3-speed auto... :cry:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
My dad bought a Spirit brand new in '89. He wanted the Shadow with a stick, but since it was mainly for my mom and us kids he got the 4-door and 3-speed auto... :cry:
My mom had a 2-door Shadow with a stick for a bit when I was growing up.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
This particular older Kia had a value of -$39, you read that correct it had a NEGATIVE value :ROFLMAO:

My neighbor legit had that car up until a few months ago where I guess it finally died. They had it for about 3 years prior to that and I think they were given it for free... lol.

With that said, I don't mind Kia's new logo. It definitely looks sharp and I prefer it over the oval KIA logo. Now THAT looked seriously cheap.

Pretty sure Kia also has the same warranty offered as Hyundai. If so, you can definitely own with confidence. No matter how fanboi you are of VW, you can't quite feel the same confidence as soon as you pass 36k miles :ROFLMAO: