GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gt badge

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
I keep toying with a GT badge on the front, or using the Passat/Jetta (USA) GT side wing badges (like the MK7 GTI)......

Ultimately I ticked the badge delete option at factory at purchase in 2014, & having the car remapped & no badges whatsoever, is nice as it confuses people!!

I would like a GT badge on the inside, on the cubby lid or on the steering wheel? On my old polo (6N) "special edition" I removed all external badges & placed the SE badge in the space between the electric window switches which were on the front console.
Morning Dave hope you are well sir!

do you have images of the side for the Passat/Jetta USA side wing badges?

I too like the idea of them and I’m conscious we don’t have anything in the UK apart from the bluemotion wing badges that relate to our cars.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Morning Dave hope you are well sir!

do you have images of the side for the Passat/Jetta USA side wing badges?

I too like the idea of them and I’m conscious we don’t have anything in the UK apart from the bluemotion wing badges that relate to our cars.

Going around in circles at the moment!!...

this web search page has the images of the USA spec GT badges..

usa passat gt wing badge - Google Search

Cashy56

Car(s)
Golf mk7 1.4 Tsi 140
Thanks All,
This is looking better and better :) I'm thinking of re-badging GT BlueMotion. Polo GT front and back and these on the sides!
Now the challenge of finding them online...

Attachments

• GT Side.png
    GT Side.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 80

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Thanks All,
This is looking better and better :) I'm thinking of re-badging GT BlueMotion. Polo GT front and back and these on the sides!
Now the challenge of finding them online...
Good luck on the hunt sir 😁👍

I think the GT Passat was a proposed concept car and I’m not sure they ever got produced with those badges hence they are like rocking horse poo.

You will easily get the front badge from any VW dealer with the code in my previous post.

Are you based in the UK?

Cashy56

Car(s)
Golf mk7 1.4 Tsi 140
Found them from a German Site and are currently winging there way over to Ireland. The Blue GT badges that is, the sides I'm still looking for. I'll post pics soon as I can 😀

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Found them from a German Site and are currently winging there way over to Ireland. The Blue GT badges that is, the sides I'm still looking for. I'll post pics soon as I can 😀
Quality news sir!

Will be great to see the pics once you get them on.

I originally used double sided tape to hold the badge on the front. This was to facilitate easy removal if required (which worked)

I can’t seem to find those Passat GT side badges anywhere unfortunately 😢

They would look sweet on a MK7👍

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
May have found the wing or “fender” badges:

C16E9191-8A1E-4DE1-AD4C-994229E7BA95.jpg

A855F82E-DEA3-4C76-BD11-F866A82B46BE.jpg

Can’t verify with an image ATM sadly,but it does suggest from the site that they are only available from the USDM dealerships as expected.

Will speak to my local VW dealership contact and see if he can shed some light on it👍

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
You have got me thinking about doing the GT badge on the rear now.

I’m thinking either go with the same font type GT badge as to mirror the Golf badge. Like the MK5 below.

518F8F62-2F36-464D-AF47-FF624AA92B4D.jpeg

Alternatively I could go with just the GT badge on the left hand side as on the below Polo:

A27453F5-592B-4FCB-A4BB-FA352676D3E9.jpg

The above option will be far easier to line up and get the correct fitment as I will only need to “box” in the golf badge and remove the “o” insert the “t” and the remove the rest of the letters.

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated 👍

Cashy56

Car(s)
Golf mk7 1.4 Tsi 140
That's very much a personal preference and one I'm debating myself! I'm going a slightly different route and leaving the Golf and Bluemotion badges in situ, but replacing the TSi with the blue GT at the rear, shown below. The front will be exactly as you had it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-141015_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-141015_Chrome.jpg
    937.8 KB · Views: 50

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
That's very much a personal preference and one I'm debating myself! I'm going a slightly different route and leaving the Golf and Bluemotion badges in situ, but replacing the TSi with the blue GT at the rear, shown below. The front will be exactly as you had it
Managed to get an OEM MK5 GT badge from eBay👍

Also have made enquiries to get the GT Passat wing badges across from the US as I would like to keep everything uniform and retain an OEM look.

Your set up is going to look epic. The only grief you will have is getting the front badge to stick.

If you are going for permanent fixture you will have to use some kind of contact adhesive as the back of the badge is not designed to drop on the front of MK7.

I’m looking into whether I can “adapt” the Jetta GT front badge as I dont have the blue GT front badge anymore and it wouldn’t have matched the MK5 badge font.

Pics to follow👍

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

That had me thinking....go 100% for a blue GT theme.....so use the GTE blue brake calipers, blue striped xenon's, & blue striped grille, .....& HOW MUCH MONEY??......:censored::oops::LOL:..

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
That had me thinking....go 100% for a blue GT theme.....so use the GTE blue brake calipers, blue striped xenon's, & blue striped grille, .....& HOW MUCH MONEY??......:censored::oops::LOL:..

lol it so easy to get carried away with it all😁

Nice to put a personal stamp on your motor though.

Will be interesting to see how our similar but different take on the GT badges turn out.

Dave, as previously mentioned if the USDM dealership enquiries come back with good news about the GT side badges I will give you a shout👍

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Good morning gents,

got an update at some random time in the morning to say my GT fender badges are currently being dispatched from Atlanta GA in the US of A!

managed to get the exact fitting positions of the “Fender” blades/badges from a GTI forum so have ordered the 5mm detailing tape to make sure I get OEM fitment as below:

C691B402-5A49-4148-8A72-32A10EC3EB70.jpeg

My MK5 GT badge for the rear has arrived and I’m pretty much decided on removing the Golf badge (or at least the “olf” part) and installing the T to keep the OEM positioning.

Quite liked the idea of the Golf on the left and the GT on the right but getting them “lined” identically is proving to be a bit of a mare although I have shouted the gent who posted the blade positioning to see where he got it from.