GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE Intercooler

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I guess I'd like to know if a given aftermarket intercooler will be completely compatible with the mk8 GTI or R. Would be great if all the stock locations are.
I was wondering this yesterday. I would assume both FMIC and OE location will work, but that's just an assumption, of course.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I guess I'd like to know if a given aftermarket intercooler will be completely compatible with the mk8 GTI or R. Would be great if all the stock locations are.
honestly it sounds like it will be - like for do88 it shows that a number of other MQB's fit the intercooler besides the MK7 R - including the Seat Skoda brand etc, so wouldn't be surprised

soon we will know :)

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I was wondering this yesterday. I would assume both FMIC and OE location will work, but that's just an assumption, of course.
IIRC Deutsche Auto Parts gave it a maybe but wasn't sure because radiator part number changed so they were unsure about clearances.

not saying I'd fade an awesome black Friday deal. Tuesday after BF, mishi went to $550 and I just stared at it :)