GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How is your COBB mounted?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Here's how I have mine. I don't really stress over my tune, and if the car is running right, I just like to watch the data and see where things sit. Even more so during track, or autocross events.

IMG-7084.jpg
IMG-7085.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
When tuning or dataloging it sits in my lap otherwise it sits in my door.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Guys that have them permanently mounted, is it plugged in 24/7? I wondered this across the different platforms AP is used on because it never shuts off. Or is there a way to have it connected but turned off?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Guys that have them permanently mounted, is it plugged in 24/7? I wondered this across the different platforms AP is used on because it never shuts off. Or is there a way to have it connected but turned off?
Mine turns off when I turn off the car. Auto startup/shutdown can be enabled in the AP settings.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya mine auto shuts off also. There is an occasional time where I get in the car and it doesnt connect and i hit cancel and go back to gauges and it works, but this might be to me sometimes just unlocking the car and grabbing something out and relocking it without starting.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Have it mounted on a vent to the right of the steering wheel:

vd5bdVL.jpeg

I'd love to not have it out 24/7, but the paranoid side of me says the moment I stop monitoring knock retard, I'll start getting double digit knock.

Same way I hate driving without my dash cam, because I know that'll be the time someone hits me...

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Up Dictator Trudeau’s ass

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
do you have any pictures?

Not anymore....I posted pics a few pages ago....I've removed it and replaced it with my airlift remote
Here’s my latest mounting solution I’m running… wanted to get the cord and unit more indiscreet. It’s not as easily visible but still visible from driver view (at least mine -lol)

View attachment 228433View attachment 228434View attachment 228435
That's nice and tight against the dash....do like