GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
This was my first time tracking the GTI, and there was so very hot conditions, my best lap was 2:03, and with traffic I was averaging 2:10. I didn't want to overdo it with the track temps being so high. I have a lot of work to do with the suspension, and need to dial in my camber and rebound. :)
2:03 is a sold time, the fastest MK7 I know of does 2:00 there, so really solid for your first day out!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
2:03 is a sold time, the fastest MK7 I know of does 2:00 there, so really solid for your first day out!
WOW, that's great then! I need to get into the sub 2:00 min category!!! I think I need to add more downforce over the rear first! I felt the rear wanting to come out a couple of times.

Jun-26-2021-Speed SF (Sat) [[a846d507a2]] -  - BW3_6736_Jun2621_900AM_.jpg
I felt

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
question about this phone mount - can it be mounted higher up or is it designed to be mounted in that particular location only?
Designed to be fitted in that location only.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What length did you go with for your splitter? And what's the deal with your harnesses? Looks like you've got a Tyrolsport bar but are using the rear seatbelt mounts?

Aspirational build for sure!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Black Group - Session Two (Sunset) - BW1_6794_Oct1021_1042AM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Black Group - Session One (Phil Hill) - BW1_4577_Oct1021_858AM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Black Group - Grid - BW4_6373_Oct1021_854AM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Black Group - Session One (Phil Hill) - BW1_4875_Oct1021_904AM_CaliPhoto.jpg

good times at buttonwillow raceway park this past weekend.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Really disappointing my HS Tuning RSR Clutch failed on my second track day.. It's not holding power after 4k rpm with hard rev's, just purchased the Southbend stage 3 daily clutch, and will see how that holds up. The HS Tuning Clutch is great for street driving but do not recommend it for racing.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Really disappointing my HS Tuning RSR Clutch failed on my second track day.. It's not holding power after 4k rpm with hard rev's, just purchased the Southbend stage 3 daily clutch, and will see how that holds up. The HS Tuning Clutch is great for street driving but do not recommend it for racing.
Standard or thier hybrid kit?

Standards ones not even rated for a stage 2 car on the streets, let alone on a high effort hybrid, esp with track duty in mind cause it’s organic so once it gets hot is glazes and slips.

Is the daily an organic disc also? If yes you should really go up to the endurance line for the heat cycle head room since your tracking the car more often.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Standard or thier hybrid kit?

Standards ones not even rated for a stage 2 car on the streets, let alone on a high effort hybrid, esp with track duty in mind cause it’s organic so once it gets hot is glazes and slips.

Is the daily an organic disc also? If yes you should really go up to the endurance line for the heat cycle head room since your tracking the car more often.

I'm not tracking that often, it's really a few times a year. And to the HS Tuning kit kit it was the Hybrid Kevlar. I hear that the endurance line is a bit overkill when driving around on the street. Which is what I do most often.