GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Baun V2 Downpipe for MK7 - $800

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I have a Baun V2 downpipe and midpipe for sale. The midpipe is resonated and the cat on the DP is the higher end GESI 300 (EPA approved) one. This setup is to be paired with an AWE exhaust. New this setup cost around $1300

All 304 SS. No 409 stainless.

Low mileage. Under 10k for sure.

Removed to get car smogged and transfer ownership.

$800 + shipping or preferably local (San Diego) pickup.

Attachments

• 20210515_143223.jpg
    20210515_143223.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 143
  • 20210515_143225.jpg
    20210515_143225.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 142
  • 20210515_143211.jpg
    20210515_143211.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 141
  • 20210515_143218.jpg
    20210515_143218.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 147

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So this will only work with an AWE exhaust?

The Midpipe fits AWE, replacing the “Track Edition” Midpipe.

This downpipe will fit anything, it ends in the OEM location in 3”, so if you don’t have a 3” system you’d need to figure out a reducer.

Also, just a note. I currently cannot get cats as they’re on national back order. This year I switched to the GESI Gen2 400 cell which is CEL free on its own, and drives the cost of the DP to $1,400 and the Midpipe is $350. So IF you could buy these parts new right now, it would be $1,750 so this is an absolute steal.

Last edited:

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
The Midpipe fits AWE, replacing the “Track Edition” Midpipe.

This downpipe will fit anything, it ends in the OEM location in 3”, so if you don’t have a 3” system you’d need to figure out a reducer.

Also, just a note. I currently cannot get cats as they’re on national back order. This year I switched to the GESI Gen2 400 cell which is CEL free on its own, and drives the cost of the DP to $1,400 and the Midpipe is $350. So IF you could buy these parts new right now, it would be $1,750 so this is an absolute steal.
That is what i figured. Thank you sir!!

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Estimate for shipping to 60046?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, this is a great deal. Even if someone doesn't have the AWE, it could easily be adapted to fit the stock exhaust after the midpipe. Line up where to cut, chop off the stock resonator, and just use a reducer. Or bring it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it up proper.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah, this is a great deal. Even if someone doesn't have the AWE, it could easily be adapted to fit the stock exhaust after the midpipe. Line up where to cut, chop off the stock resonator, and just use a reducer. Or bring it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it up proper.

That wouldn’t work the way you’re picturing it. The AWE Fitment Midpipe still retains great resale value as is and will bolt up to Baun Performance or IE downpipe paired with an existing AWE track.

I sell a specific OEM Fitment Resonated Midpipe, that bolts right up to the factory exhaust without letting a muffler shop booger weld up a solution.

Bolt on easily with supplied hardware, and return to stock easily DIY as well. That’s why these are so popular.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That wouldn’t work the way you’re picturing it. The AWE Fitment Midpipe still retains great resale value as is and will bolt up to Baun Performance or IE downpipe paired with an existing AWE track.

I sell a specific OEM Fitment Resonated Midpipe, that bolts right up to the factory exhaust without letting a muffler shop booger weld up a solution.

Bolt on easily with supplied hardware, and return to stock easily DIY as well. That’s why these are so popular.

Yeah, you're right. Looking at a pic of the stock exhaust it wouldn't even be close to lining up the way I thought. So ignore my suggestion!

Spot on about the resale value though. That's how I got my AWE midpipe of yours, buying it from someone else.