• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’m impressed you went to the effort to get a photo of my car even though it looks like a stock TR GTI. Well done.

If I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do something right. You're worth the effort ❤️

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
"Cunt Utility Vehicle"?

So, I completely agree with the last statement. I loathe SUV's and their popularity in the US. The majority of them are absolutely unnecessary. I just hate the profile of wagons. They look like stretched and squashed hatchbacks, and aren't something that scream "sporty" to me. Even something like the RS6 Avant. It might just be a hold over of growing up in the 80's. The first thing that pops in my head when I hear "wagon" isn't an E63 AMG. It's wood paneling. That will always be what a wagon is to me. A squashed box covered in wood paneling. So an E63, or RS6 isn't "sporty". It's just a car trying to be something it's not, trying to be "cool". But it's not.

I am completely aware this is not a popular opinion, and most people would label it wrong :ROFLMAO:
The C is for compact, don't you go all Scamdemic in here! 😂

You gave me a really good idea though: wood paneling vinyl wrap for wagons. I don't think I'd be willing to spend $2k on a joke, but it would be hilarious.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
So I've been watching just about every turbo install video I can the last few days. I stumbled upon a few by this channel 'DadWagon' who threw an IS38 in his GSW. One of his videos had this chart in it:

View attachment 227811

Following the X-axis, in no world is the Alltrack\GSW more awesome than the GTI. Some people are just delusional :ROFLMAO:

GTis are extremely common. While popularity may not have much to do with any individual thing’s net awesomeness, in my world something super common is super whatever.

Alltrack’s are not super common. They are a unique, special type of awesome that you have to know, to know.

In sheer uniqueness/specialness alone, any AWD/Turbo/Manual/Wagon is cooler than your everyday GTI. I see multiple GTis a day. I see a few Alltracks a year.

call me a hipster all you want lol

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
"Cunt Utility Vehicle"?

So, I completely agree with the last statement. I loathe SUV's and their popularity in the US. The majority of them are absolutely unnecessary. I just hate the profile of wagons. They look like stretched and squashed hatchbacks, and aren't something that scream "sporty" to me. Even something like the RS6 Avant. It might just be a hold over of growing up in the 80's. The first thing that pops in my head when I hear "wagon" isn't an E63 AMG. It's wood paneling. That will always be what a wagon is to me. A squashed box covered in wood paneling. So an E63, or RS6 isn't "sporty". It's just a car trying to be something it's not, trying to be "cool". But it's not.

I am completely aware this is not a popular opinion, and most people would label it wrong :ROFLMAO:
Yeah... your perspective on wagons is the same as my mother’s. As well as nearly everyone in America’s.

When she was looking at Acura RDX’s as her CC lease was ending, I said what about an Alltrack? She’s always loved VWs more than any other brand and is a manual lover. She’s also from Germany.

her response: “I couldn’t be seen in such an old woman’s car.”

my response: “You know I’m buying one as soon as humanly possible? It’s like the coolest car on the road for under 30K”

They’re not “squashed” in any sense of the phrase lol? Hatchbacks are almost by their very definition, squashed vehicles. Wagons complete the cut-off rear end of a hatch. Idk it’s clearly a matter of opinion but I’m in Ireland rn and everyone has a wagon. Driving on the roads, I see why. No room for SUVs.

4.0TFSI A6 Wagons, Passat TDI Wagons, etc etc etc. people in Europe have something called “taste,” something America is known for lacking.

Reactions: WAP

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The C is for compact, don't you go all Scamdemic in here! 😂

You gave me a really good idea though: wood paneling vinyl wrap for wagons. I don't think I'd be willing to spend $2k on a joke, but it would be hilarious.

Hm... can I start a gofundme to get some wood-vinyl to overlay my aluminum accents on my GFG AT? Sounds like it’d complement my brown interior well😊

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Hm... can I start a gofundme to get some wood-vinyl to overlay my aluminum accents on my GFG AT? Sounds like it’d complement my brown interior well😊
Green and paneling you say...
national-lampoons-vacation-wagon-queen-family-truckster-6.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.