GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Blind Spot Assist / Side Assist

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Do a Google search on 'XaGiCo dossier' and download it. He has all the coding for BSM/side assist and much more in his document, it's in Spanish tho

Gust

Car(s)
2015 Golf GTI perf
Hello y’all!
I'm reading here for quite some time, now I've got a question I hope somebody can help me out. I now this is an old thread, but I'm trying none the less.
I have this set of folding mirrors, and blind spot assist, both from the big chinese shop, that I'm trying to fit.
Mirrors are done, cables for side assist were a real pita but they are in, both in the mirrors and the doors.
I am still waiting for this little canbus extend cable, to plug the canbus wires into. But then I've got one more wire, green/black, of which I've got no clue where to plug it into?
Anybody out here who can give me a little help?

Greets,
Gust

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello y’all!
I'm reading here for quite some time, now I've got a question I hope somebody can help me out. I now this is an old thread, but I'm trying none the less.
I have this set of folding mirrors, and blind spot assist, both from the big chinese shop, that I'm trying to fit.
Mirrors are done, cables for side assist were a real pita but they are in, both in the mirrors and the doors.
I am still waiting for this little canbus extend cable, to plug the canbus wires into. But then I've got one more wire, green/black, of which I've got no clue where to plug it into?
Anybody out here who can give me a little help?

Greets,
Gust
12v power.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
According to the factory documentation, SC32 is on Terminal 15, which is the switch +12V circuit.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
good night guys, I did all the installation: sensors, cables, rearview mirrors and encoding, but when I went to code the sensor module (3C), to my surprise the module is without any parameters, you guys have an idea of how, I do to parameterize the module . thanks.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Brand new modules often come un-parameterized.
Unfortunately, the only way to parameterize them is using VCP (VAG-CAN PRO, which is decidedly different from VCDS / ODIS / OBDeleven, etc.), having a dealer parameterize them (assuming your particular model of car was available in your market with those modules), or remote activation from a service like VAG Retrofits (among others).

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Brand new modules often come un-parameterized.
Unfortunately, the only way to parameterize them is using VCP (VAG-CAN PRO, which is decidedly different from VCDS / ODIS / OBDeleven, etc.), having a dealer parameterize them (assuming your particular model of car was available in your market with those modules), or remote activation from a service like VAG Retrofits (among others).
Nuje, you have the Can network scheme of the Golf 7 GTI, I made the connection of the blind spot module (master and Slave), but I'm not able to locate the extended Databus network (Can 5). What network Can you guys connected the master module to?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
CAN-extended (on NAR cars anyway) is the orange/grey stripe // orange/brown stripe twisted pair.

You can access it at the TIUL point as far as I'm aware - it's there for the Variant and Golf, so I assume GTI would be the same.
The Aliexpress harnesses typically have a splitter so you can pull the existing wires out of the black 17-pin connector and add in the splitter. The problem i've had with those, though, is that the terminal ends on the Aliexpress splitter aren't the same as the OEM terminals, so it involves some hacking to get it to work.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
CAN-extended (on NAR cars anyway) is the orange/grey stripe // orange/brown stripe twisted pair.

You can access it at the TIUL point as far as I'm aware - it's there for the Variant and Golf, so I assume GTI would be the same.
The Aliexpress harnesses typically have a splitter so you can pull the existing wires out of the black 17-pin connector and add in the splitter. The problem i've had with those, though, is that the terminal ends on the Aliexpress splitter aren't the same as the OEM terminals, so it involves some hacking to get it to work.
Thanks Nuje, this is only the 1st problem to be solved, which is to locate the extended Can, and the second is trying to install the parameters in the modules. Thank you very much Nuje. obs: Back to the question: do you know where I can get the complete diagram of the Golf's network?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I must ask, how have you determined the module is without parameters if you have not yet connected it to the CAN network? Or did you connect to a different CAN network (assuming that would work)?

In addition to the TIUL point, Extended CAN is also "available" at the following places, though the TIUL is probably easiest to access... Infotainment unit, ACC (if your car has factory ACC you should for sure have can extended at TIUL 17d, black, pin 12/13), lane assist camera if you have it, front mirror (I think only if your mirror has high beam assist camera)

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I must ask, how have you determined the module is without parameters if you have not yet connected it to the CAN network? Or did you connect to a different CAN network (assuming that would work)?

In addition to the TIUL point, Extended CAN is also "available" at the following places, though the TIUL is probably easiest to access... Infotainment unit, ACC (if your car has factory ACC you should for sure have can extended at TIUL 17d, black, pin 12/13), lane assist camera if you have it, front mirror (I think only if your mirror has high beam assist camera)
Hello Cuzoe, I can connect the network can, I can exergar the two modules (master and slave) and I identify that this without the parameters, the problem is that I can't communicate through extended Can (Can 5).

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Hello Cuzoe, I can connect the network can, I can exergar the two modules (master and slave) and I identify that this without the parameters, the problem is that I can't communicate through extended Can (Can 5).
2BCFFEEB-988B-4383-A8D2-C3E4BBE3A5BA.jpeg
E6702133-39AC-4072-BDB8-759E72ADB6D0.jpeg

Attachments

• 79E52BAD-6758-40E0-B960-0F8B9E4E90BC.jpeg
    79E52BAD-6758-40E0-B960-0F8B9E4E90BC.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 135
  • B17E312B-2C56-4957-A9C2-6312DB4655E2.jpeg
    B17E312B-2C56-4957-A9C2-6312DB4655E2.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 164