GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Ah, nice idea with the O-ring i’m going to try it, what do you dislike about the sound?
Are y’all saying that little plastic piece that the vacuum hose plugs into isn’t supposed to flop and turn around all loose? I guess I just assumed that was by design when I installed mine.

As you can tell, I’m not mechanically inclined in the least.

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
Are y’all saying that little plastic piece that the vacuum hose plugs into isn’t supposed to flop and turn around all loose? I guess I just assumed that was by design when I installed mine.

As you can tell, I’m not mechanically inclined in the least.
No I don’t think it’s designed to do that, it’s designed to swivel 360 but it seems the hole for it is slightly too big so it wobbles as well, APR sent me the one that comes on the carbon version (its a different design) so hopefully that will be more snug. But I guarantee a small O ring inbetween the hose plug and the intake pipe will keep it held down.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
it’s in stock at BMP Tuning & you wont have to pay shipping/taxes 🙂
😩
1.PNG

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Update, APR sent me the version that's used for the carbon open intake, apparently will fit more snug.

I hope it doesnt suck in unfiltered air.
I have the same worry and I also don't like something that feels so LOSE in my intake. What if it eventually fails and get sucked into the turbo?!

For an APR product this part of it seems very half-baked. Gonna look into retrofitting my own fitting to put my mind at ease..

turbo_dreams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Mine is also very loose and wobbles everywhere. Nothing some instagasket can't fix. I'm gonna take a better look at it this week.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If it makes anyone feel any better my hose hasn't even been attached for the last 5k miles. I guess I missed that when I installed my intake. Reading this thread made me realize it's just been dangling around.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Ah, nice idea with the O-ring i’m going to try it, what do you dislike about the sound?
Inside with the windows up it sounds a little throatier and louder. But with the windows cracked the spooling noises are more than I was expecting, I almost thought I left the intake tube disconnected. My opinion could change though one I get used to it. It just seems like it will draw a lot of unwanted attention.

I noticed that taking off from a stop feels smoother than it did before I previously had a stock airbox with a aFe pro dry filter. I doubt it added any power though, but I do love how it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_151543.jpg
    IMG_20211010_151543.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
Inside with the windows up it sounds a little throatier and louder. But with the windows cracked the spooling noises are more than I was expecting, I almost thought I left the intake tube disconnected. My opinion could change though one I get used to it. It just seems like it will draw a lot of unwanted attention.

I noticed that taking off from a stop feels smoother than it did before I previously had a stock airbox with a aFe pro dry filter. I doubt it added any power though, but I do love how it looks.
I always end up putting the stock intake back on because I get tired of the whooshes BUT always revert back to the open intake because I end up missing them lmfao, im hesitate to install this one until my new apr hose grommet comes in the mail

nickbrun

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 IS38 Golf 1.8t
Mine is also very loose and wobbles everywhere. Nothing some instagasket can't fix. I'm gonna take a better look at it this week.
Let me know your solution, I feel like a small oring in the middle of the hose grommet against the piping would keep the inside portion sucked down and sealed if that makes any sense.

GolfX

Car(s)
'19 GTI, '05 FZ6
Just installed mine and I feel like I missed a mount somewhere because it seems to wobble quite a bit. I'm not sure how you guys addressed that. The fitting for the vacuum line is sketchy, too. Otherwise, it sounds pretty great which is what I was going for.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Just installed mine and I feel like I missed a mount somewhere because it seems to wobble quite a bit. I'm not sure how you guys addressed that. The fitting for the vacuum line is sketchy, too. Otherwise, it sounds pretty great which is what I was going for.
Definitely double check your mounts. Mine is very solid except the floppy little vacuum hose piece.

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
For those with the larger battery, you will have to undo one of the zip tie clips on the front battery cord to move it just enough out of the way. Once that’s done, it fits as easy as the install video. If you don’t move the cord, it will not fit no matter how much you try…

37D8931C-ABC4-4DD9-97EA-2583FF9561A1.jpeg

Attachments

• 1992DBAB-36CA-4D14-ABA5-29B893568E62.jpeg
    1992DBAB-36CA-4D14-ABA5-29B893568E62.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
That’s the sacrifice you make for living in paradise brah 🏝
Where is this paradise with free shipping you speak of? I need to move there.