GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Upgrade Issues

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
No dumb questions here. My mechanic had said the wiring was redone before and he didn't like how it was done. I didn't think about it much then but when I got the car it had 30k on it and had no signs of it being previously tuned so idk why it would've had to be redone before he did.

Oh jeez, if that's how he likes the wiring "redone" I don't want to know what it looked like before.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Yea that’s a tough one. I’m guessing he shredded that trying to deal with the install and WG.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You got fucked. Thousands? To do what exactly?
He ran diagnostic on the IS20, removed the IS20, he walnut blasted the intake valves, dsg fluid change, dogbone mount insert which I could've done but figured it shouldn't have been more than $10 and could do it with ease having a lift. He installed the IS38, diagnosed the IS38 and "redid" the wiring. I'm pretty sure that covers everything.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yea that’s a tough one. I’m guessing he shredded that trying to deal with the install and WG.
He didn't even preset the actuator or run the adaptation before he drove it home the night he installed the IS38, I didn't think it was a big deal but you think that could've broken the first one?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
I forgot to mention he also replaced my secondary air pressure sensor at the time.
Ok? Doesn't matter what else he did, Ray Charles corpse could wire shit up better than that hack

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I tried to draw the arrow the best I could. Where it says 7 in the middle is that normal to not have a wire? I'm just trying to check off what the issue isn't at this point.

Attachments

• 20211012_101735.jpg
    20211012_101735.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I flashed the car back to my stage 2 IS20 tune because I was curious and sure enough now my voltage is fine, it isn't reading 1.7v lower than what I adapted it too. I sent Sneeky a log and he hasn't responded yet. Is that tune safe to drive on while I'm paitently waiting?