GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
For a company that loves to toot it's own horn about it's engineering prowess there's a lot of generalizing surrounding this product, except the flow test.

The flow numbers are exactly the same as the carbon fiber design, as is the description of the results, did you test both or assume they would be the same and republish the results from the carbon fiber intake for this PEX intake?
Who cares? There's no power gain to be had even if it were a six foot basket with no filter, right? We can't have it both ways. We can't criticize flow rates and nit pick details at the same time that we all admit that there's no power to be gained with any intake. It's pretty and goes whoosh whoosh, full stop.

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
Who cares? There's no power gain to be had even if it were a six foot basket with no filter, right? We can't have it both ways. We can't criticize flow rates and nit pick details at the same time that we all admit that there's no power to be gained with any intake. It's pretty and goes whoosh whoosh, full stop.
"we all admit that there's no power to be gained with any intake"

APR does not:
  • More horsepower with gains up to +12 AWHP over stock
  • More torque with gains of up to +13 AWFT-LBS over stock

It's the same product with a different finish. Kinda seems like asking if someone dyno'd their car after they wrapped it.
If the description of the Carbon Fiber version is accurate, and it is thin walled, that could change the hydraulic diameter. Also, if the Carbon Fiber has a different wall roughness from the PEX that could affect head loss, either would likely produce a different flow rate.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Bah, it's like tuners claiming you need colder plugs for a stage 1 tune. Just chuckle and move along.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
A better analogy would be changing the wrap to one with a different surface roughness of a car being built for the Texas mile.
Dimples, bishes!

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is only the GTI closed off on the intake side? I just looked at my R and both sides are wide open (just like the ECS inlet duct). Car is stock besides springs and I never touched that piece of the car.
The R could very well be different I haven't looked at one.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Is only the GTI closed off on the intake side? I just looked at my R and both sides are wide open (just like the ECS inlet duct). Car is stock besides springs and I never touched that piece of the car.
My 2018 R had it blocked off like the GTI

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT