GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So then why do you care that they won’t copy the Canadian page? Everything I’ve read says we are basically getting loaded row cars minus the titanium exhaust option. Power trains appear identical so there’s no mpi in some markets and none in the others. Only thing really missing from a row review would be a manual car and it’s likely the exact same 6mt as the last gen.

Lots of specs including power have been confirmed but here’s a little more flavor fresh off the presses.

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1610
I think they’ve confirmed that it’s the same manual box. Hence the torque being limited to what Sachs quotes as the max limit for the clutch. No big deal, a new clutch is sort of a given on any tuned Golf.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
I thought for sure I would be able to scoop up a mk7.5 for cheap before the mk8 came out. Literally nothing left in the US. Not sure if chip shortage or MK8 is to blame. I went to my local VW dealer and they basically only have some Atlas's and Tiguans a few EV's and mostly fluffer inventory such as ex police vehicles (unheard of in normal times)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I thought for sure I would be able to scoop up a mk7.5 for cheap before the mk8 came out. Literally nothing left in the US. Not sure if chip shortage or MK8 is to blame. I went to my local VW dealer and they basically only have some Atlas's and Tiguans a few EV's and mostly fluffer inventory such as ex police vehicles (unheard of in normal times)
The chip shortage definitely has hurt and I've read that a lot of people were turned off by the styling of the MK8 and the digital dash so they bought a 7.5.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
The chip shortage definitely has hurt and I've read that a lot of people were turned off by the styling of the MK8 and the digital dash so they bought a 7.5.
Yeah I think the Mk8 is to blame there was a fairly significant inventory up until somewhat recently.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Nothing left because it’s been out of production since February. Inventory has only been getting scarcer since.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I’d take it as a sign that inventory is going to be super limited and they know they’re going to sell everything they can produce for a bit anyway.

unrelated: what appears to be the final regular golf that will ever be sold new in the us is still available in South Carolina.

https://www.stevewhitevw.com/new/Vo...gen-Golf-db455cf50a0e0ae72e36961c3eccb143.htm

Pretty cool @Fastlax16 . 112 views of the car in the last week. So then there will be no 2022 regular Golfs offered in the U.S. market then? Sad to see them go. My wife still loves her (bought new) 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Pretty cool @Fastlax16 . 112 views in the last seek. So then there will be no 2022 regular Golfs offered in the U.S. market then? Sad to see them go. My wife still loves her (bought new) 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M.

correct. The base golf is dead in the us. We’ll only get GTIs and Rs for the mk8.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
VW is pretty much forcing people to get the ID.4 if they want what is the closest thing to a Golf if they don't want a GTI or R. I guess sales were down on the Golf but I see them all over the place in Phoenix.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
VW is pretty much forcing people to get the ID.4 if they want what is the closest thing to a Golf if they don't want a GTI or R. I guess sales were down on the Golf but I see them all over the place in Phoenix.
Golf sales have always been low for this generation. I think the big reason is it didnt cost that much more to get in to a gti and it is a lot more car. I think it was outsold by the gti 5-1 or something.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Golf sales have always been low for this generation. I think the big reason is it didnt cost that much more to get in to a gti and it is a lot more car. I think it was outsold by the gti 5-1 or something.
True if you got a Golf with a lot of premium packages. SUV sales have also cost a lot of companies to discontinue their small cars. But the ID.4 is selling well.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
GTI and Golf sales have been decreasing over the years in the US. GTI sales always being more than Golf sales. Numbers below from VW sales reports.

2021 sales numbers for the GTI could go up if the Mk8 is actually released this year - maybe December?

USUSUS
YearGTI SalesGolf Sales% GTI / Golf
201523,66919,257123%
201623,93413,764174%
201722,48613,552166%
201816,6846,642251%
201911,6725,644207%
202011,4616,063189%
20215,4022,935184%

cb1111

GTI and Golf sales have been decreasing over the years in the US. GTI sales always being more than Golf sales. Numbers below from VW sales reports.

2021 sales numbers for the GTI could go up if the Mk8 is actually released this year - maybe December?

USUSUS
YearGTI SalesGolf Sales% GTI / Golf
201523,66919,257123%
201623,93413,764174%
201722,48613,552166%
201816,6846,642251%
201911,6725,644207%
202011,4616,063189%
20215,4022,935184%
2021 sales can't go up because there aren't any and the Mk8 won't arrive in any quantities (if any)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Still working on the website. Meanwhile, Honda unveils the Civic Si, and guess what's already on the website?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Still working on the website. Meanwhile, Honda unveils the Civic Si, and guess what's already on the website?

???

The SI section on Honda's website gives far less info (literally one sentence saying it comes with a turbo, a manual and will be "exceptionally fun") than the MK8 section on VW's (which gives starting prices, colors, actual power figures, displacement, tech updates like the heads up display, safety features, etc)... neither is configurable.

https://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/2022-civic-si

vs

https://newsroom.vw.com/vehicles/ke...e-in-the-2022-volkswagen-golf-gti-and-golf-r/

Last edited: