GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sounds unpleasant!

With all the suspension removals I’ve done on the mk6, mk7, and the Tiguan now 😂.

I did the lowering springs on Tiguan last weekend from 9:30am to 2:30pm wheels up to wheels down.

Looked great with the spulen springs and oem struts but was just 1/2” too low for me so today swapped those for a set of coilovers front and back. Time I had the lady with me to step on the brakes and hand me tools 😂. Fucking zoomed through the project 4:30pm to 8:30pm !!! Quick jacks also help at ton!

Sounds like the koni’s adjustments aren’t with knob and are like the adjustable struts on my 1970 Camaro - where you have remove from car and fully compress them turn the shaft and feel the clicks.

The fronts, you use a knob. Rears, compress and turn.

Looks like the MSS main spring i sa little too tall, because I'm not using their front springs. I want a little more spring rate any way, so I'm need to find a 350lb swift spring that's an inch shorter.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Gave it a wash, and took it out to take some photos. My wife complained I didn't have any good photos that aren't in our driveway, and asked me to go take some. My birthday is in a week, so I assume it's something birthday related, since she'd never just go "Why don't you go out and take some photos of your car?" :ROFLMAO:

1633285842252.png

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Fastivus was an absolute blast! 364 miles round trip; 120 miles on track with two different drivers! Our sessions were back to back so the car was essentially on track for 3 50 minute sessions. Not one single issue, and it was the most fun I've had at a track day in a long time!

This was my first track day with the Macan calipers. Man did they stop! Pedal feel was the same at the end of the day as the start! My only complaint was the initial pedal engagement after long straights. It's very minor, but predictable/consistent. My co-driver did not notice it so YMMV. I would definitely recommend these brakes to anyone looking for a budget upgrade.
View attachment 226862
View attachment 226863
I showed this to a guy at work who just picked up a GSW, and he's really into that GTI front end. Looks dope.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Gave it a wash, and took it out to take some photos. My wife complained I didn't have any good photos that aren't in our driveway, and asked me to go take some. My birthday is in a week, so I assume it's something birthday related, since she'd never just go "Why don't you go out and take some photos of your car?" :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 226933
Spring is going to see a set of RSE10s go on mine, with new rubber, slightly lower springs and a RSB; I'd like to install drilled/slotted rotors too. What are you running there?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Spring is going to see a set of RSE10s go on mine, with new rubber, slightly lower springs and a RSB; I'd like to install drilled/slotted rotors too. What are you running there?

Lowered with the VWR spring\shock kit, and rotors are Stoptech drilled\slotted with the Macan calipers.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
It’s how they defend themselves from sharks. A Ray that’s 8ft wide has been around a long time. Likely mistook Steve for a predator. He was very unlucky that day.
They are typically very docile creatures.

My 11yr old
View attachment 226561
While I agree with you that rays are very docile, I would be worried in the case of your son in this picture. All it takes is him to bring down his legs and step on one of them to get stabbed. I have dived with rays, mostly spotted and southern rays with no issues at all. But I seen 2 times where people have been stabbed in the leg while either stepping on or too close to a ray. Most of the time when visibility is null and people can't see them.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
While I agree with you that rays are very docile, I would be worried in the case of your son in this picture. All it takes is him to bring down his legs and step on one of them to get stabbed. I have dived with rays, mostly spotted and southern rays with no issues at all. But I seen 2 times where people have been stabbed in the leg while either stepping on or too close to a ray. Most of the time when visibility is null and people can't see them.
It definitely could happen, but it’s usually a case of surprise that would bring on an attack. Typically when the Ray has buried itself to rest or is stationary on the bottom is when most of these accidents happen, and like you mentioned, in poor visibility. Drag your feet! When they’re active, feeding and swimming around it’s much less likely. I’ve hand fed and picked up large rays in the wild that aren’t a part of a tourist attraction. I’ve even nudged them away with my feet while standing in the shallows cleaning fish and conch. Growing up in The Bahamas you spend a lot of time in and on the ocean, but I can’t say I personally know anyone that’s ever been the victim of a stingray whip. Granted our waters are clearer than some swimming pools, so I’m sure that plays a role in it.
Most people wouldn’t jump in with sharks surrounding the boat either. Just don’t bail on a wakeboard kicker while they chum up a frenzy. Jackasses.
1633357414388.jpeg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
It definitely could happen, but it’s usually a case of surprise that would bring on an attack. Typically when the Ray has buried itself to rest or is stationary on the bottom is when most of these accidents happen, and like you mentioned, in poor visibility. Drag your feet! When they’re active, feeding and swimming around it’s much less likely. I’ve hand fed and picked up large rays in the wild that aren’t a part of a tourist attraction. I’ve even nudged them away with my feet while standing in the shallows cleaning fish and conch. Growing up in The Bahamas you spend a lot of time in and on the ocean, but I can’t say I personally know anyone that’s ever been the victim of a stingray whip. Granted our waters are clearer than some swimming pools, so I’m sure that plays a role in it.
Most people wouldn’t jump in with sharks surrounding the boat either. Just don’t bail on a wakeboard kicker while they chum up a frenzy. Jackasses.
View attachment 227012
Yeah, I am from Puerto Rico, I left the island permanently when I was 28 so I got to spend a lot of time in the ocean as well. Never had a chance to swim with sharks, we did plenty of dives in areas that we knew there were sharks in, but luckily (or not) I didn't get to see any. I did catch 2 baby Caribbean reef sharks while dragnet fishing for bait fish in about 4-5' of water, during dusk so we decided to get out just in case mom was around. We were around 1/2 mile from the river entrance and they usually stay there feeding, not in the public beach area.

Plenty of rays, and in the area close to peers plenty of moray eels, some 2-4' 'cudas... definitely not fond of those.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Yeah, I am from Puerto Rico, I left the island permanently when I was 28 so I got to spend a lot of time in the ocean as well. Never had a chance to swim with sharks, we did plenty of dives in areas that we knew there were sharks in, but luckily (or not) I didn't get to see any. I did catch 2 baby Caribbean reef sharks while dragnet fishing for bait fish in about 4-5' of water, during dusk so we decided to get out just in case mom was around. We were around 1/2 mile from the river entrance and they usually stay there feeding, not in the public beach area.

Plenty of rays, and in the area close to peers plenty of moray eels, some 2-4' 'cudas... definitely not fond of those.
Similar here, from The Bahamas, left in 2014. Cudas concern me far more than sharks. They are way too curious and unpredictable for my level of comfort.
I’m also spoiled and don’t go into bodies of water with little visibility, I like to know what’s swimming with me 😂