GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Anyone know when these will start showing up at dealers?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Anyone know when these will start showing up at dealers?
I'd guess December, maybe mid November.
I keep looking for the configurator on the US site, but nothing there yet.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Funny paying $395 to get white paint? The 30k maintenance is good price, but carnet boo
Most companies charge for metallic/pearl paint but not for single stage. The upcharge is for Oryx. I’d greatly prefer Pure White and would just pick another color if the only white is Oryx.

Thankfully the R comes in Pure White and not Oryx. Although I’d be more inclined to get black this time.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well, when did the Mk7 GTI go on sale in our region? I know the first model year was 2015. So did it launch in late 2014?
I don't know the answer to that but this year everything is delayed due to the chip shortage.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Well, when did the Mk7 GTI go on sale in our region? I know the first model year was 2015. So did it launch in late 2014?

June/July or August 2014 I believe as a 2015 MY.
I was in the market for a MK6 replacement summer of 2014 as my lease was maturing that October.
Ended up with a great deal buying out my lease so i did that. Had the car for another 6 months or so after that and then it was totaled.
Ended up with a MK7 after all lol.
I was planning on getting the MK8 when it came out at the end of the year but with the way things are going with the new and used car market and all the delays I may just wait it out a bit longer.
It's not like I NEED to get rid of the MK7 anyway.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
So vw.com finally shows the Mk8 GTI (but not R) on the Models page with a "Coming Soon" label...and when you click Learn More, it redirects to the same old 2021 model.

Could they possibly move any slower with this rollout? It's like VWoA is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 8th generation of Golfs 😂

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
So vw.com finally shows the Mk8 GTI (but not R) on the Models page with a "Coming Soon" label...and when you click Learn More, it redirects to the same old 2021 model.

Could they possibly move any slower with this rollout? It's like VWoA is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 8th generation of Golfs 😂

VW still haven’t sorted the majority of the computer software glitches. Some of the fixes they have developed haven’t worked, leaving owners pretty frustrated, and rejection of problem cars isn’t uncommon. A slow rollout for the North American market could be a blessing in disguise as it gives VW more time to fix the issues before the mk8 reaches the US.

Semiconductor shortages are continuing to be a significant issue for VW, extending build times considerably. Some forum members with cars on order over on golfgtiforum.co.uk have had their build week moved back a number of times, and the current wait time being quoted in the UK for a mk8 GTI is in excess of a year! 😦