GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW golf mk7 2014 2 L diesel Heater problems

Skywalker070369

Car(s)
Mk7 golf 2.0 tdi
Hi all I’m having a problem with
VW golf mk7 2014 2 L diesel

Having issues no warmth from the heater have checked the flow to the expansion tank and all is flowing nicely the water looks brown and smells like it’s been getting overly hot any ideas please many thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum.

Brown coolant is a bad sign. Has the coolant not been flushed regularly? Is there oil in the coolant? Has your fuel mileage changed recently? Is there smoke coming from the exhaust? I would definitely get that checked ASAP.

Skywalker070369

Car(s)
Mk7 golf 2.0 tdi
Hi and thanks for the reply, we have only had the car a couple of months.
I have checked the expansion tank and there is no bag inside so I assume it’s split.I have bought a new bottle which has a bag in it.
Looks like I’m going to have to get a heater matrix after comment’s I have seen saying it clogs it up unless I can some how flush it.
Other than the heater blowing cold all seems well with the car
Welcome to the forum.

Brown coolant is a bad sign. Has the coolant not been flushed regularly? Is there oil in the coolant? Has your fuel mileage changed recently? Is there smoke coming from the exhaust? I would definitely get that checked

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi and thanks for the reply, we have only had the car a couple of months.
I have checked the expansion tank and there is no bag inside so I assume it’s split.I have bought a new bottle which has a bag in it.
Looks like I’m going to have to get a heater matrix after comment’s I have seen saying it clogs it up unless I can some how flush it.
Other than the heater blowing cold all seems well with the car
If the bag broke then it's the heater matrix. But you still need to find out why the coolant looks brown. That is not good.

Skywalker070369

Car(s)
Mk7 golf 2.0 tdi
If the bag broke then it's the heater matrix. But you still need to find out why the coolant looks brown. That is not good.
Just a quick up date, the heater matrix was completely blocked, you couldn’t blow through it at all,flushed the system as best as I could and fitted a new matrix and expansion bottle,up to now all seems good and my daughter now has heat again.Thanks for your help 👍