GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
I hope to do the same this weekend. Such a bummer too. They are local and I drove a bit to get them ASAP for the install.
Same with me. You were probably the person they brought up when I went because they said someone else came in to pick up/replace the same exact dust boots.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Finally got to go for a spin after bleeding the system three times. Unfortunately there seems to be a dead zone at the top of the pedal. I have the standard Golf/GSW master cylinder currently, but I don't believe this is the issue. It's likely caused by the "low drag" design of the Macan calipers. Maybe some ABS stops and a rebleed will help, but it seems unlikely.

I did not experience the dead zone with any of the following setups using the same master cylinder:
288 OEM / 272 OEM
312 OEM / 272 OEM
312 ProdigyWerks CR4 / 272 OEM
312 ProdigyWerks CR4 / 310 OEM
340 Neuspeed / 272 OEM
340 Neuspeed / 310 OEM

Everything else seems great! They look freakin' awesome; I love the color! A note for RSe05 fitment. 1/4oz wheel weights do not clear on the spoke side of the barrel. 1/8 might clear, but if the weights are mounted beyond the step in the barrel they will clear without issue. I have this same clearance problem with my Neuspeed 6 Pistons.
View attachment 226585

Did you do RRG?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Finally got to go for a spin after bleeding the system three times. Unfortunately there seems to be a dead zone at the top of the pedal. I have the standard Golf/GSW master cylinder currently, but I don't believe this is the issue. It's likely caused by the "low drag" design of the Macan calipers. Maybe some ABS stops and a rebleed will help, but it seems unlikely.

I did not experience the dead zone with any of the following setups using the same master cylinder:
288 OEM / 272 OEM
312 OEM / 272 OEM
340 Neuspeed / 272 OEM
340 Neuspeed / 310 OEM

Everything else seems great! They look freakin' awesome; I love the color! A note for RSe05 fitment. 1/4oz wheel weights do not clear on the spoke side of the barrel. 1/8 might clear, but if the weights are mounted beyond the step in the barrel they will clear without issue. I have this same clearance problem with my Neuspeed 6 Pistons.
View attachment 226585
I've had great results with the RPV and RRG detailed in this thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...esidual-pressure-valves-and-seal-lube.376654/
No dead space and brake engagement happens almost as soon as I touch the pedal.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

288 OEM / 272 OEM
312 OEM / 272 OEM
340 Neuspeed / 272 OEM
340 Neuspeed / 310 OEM

View attachment 226585
If you had 340 Neuspeed / 310 OEM, why would you move to this setup? It's kind of a cobbled together package. Do you still have your Neuspeed 340?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Have you had any issue with pads dragging after a period of time, like a few others have experienced?
To be honest, I've never checked for pad drag. What would be the best way to check?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
To be honest, I've never checked for pad drag. What would be the best way to check?
Turn off your radio, roll the windows down and drive next to a solid wall and listen for squeaks haha

You can also see shiny/glazed rings on the rotor where it's constantly touching. Mine is towards the outside.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
My gas milage dropped by ~5mpg on the highway one day.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Turn off your radio, roll the windows down and drive next to a solid wall and listen for squeaks haha

You can also see shiny/glazed rings on the rotor where it's constantly touching. Mine is towards the outside.
My car squeaks pretty loud when going in reverse with light pressure on the brakes, but it's not consistent and seems to only happen when the brakes are cold.

I do see a shiny/glazed ring in the middle of the rear rotors, but I don't recall if that was there before or after I did this mod?

My gas milage dropped by ~5mpg on the highway one day.
Gas mileage has been unchanged for me.

DjDvr

Car(s)
A3
Hello everyone, looking in to getting the Macan setup with 340 mm as , was wondering what the day to day start/stop traffic is with the Macan brakes ? Have heard from killerbrakes.com that with this setup the brakes are on/off and no real in between feeling. Can someone running dsg confirm how the feel is to the stock brakes ? Is it really on/off or is it ok ?

Cheers

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hello everyone, looking in to getting the Macan setup with 340 mm as , was wondering what the day to day start/stop traffic is with the Macan brakes ? Have heard from killerbrakes.com that with this setup the brakes are on/off and no real in between feeling. Can someone running dsg confirm how the feel is to the stock brakes ? Is it really on/off or is it ok ?

Cheers

Again, it's all in the bleeding and pad selection as to how these will feel.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

Cheers
They feel like stock brakes to me.