GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Wife sent me this today

Snip...

Good thing I was already planning on having the MAS4 mounted tomorrow morning.

Also, tint appointment for Thursday on her GLI as well. Still up in the air between 50 & 70% for the windshield 30% on the rest.
Is it leaking? I've had a nail in my tire since the last I rotated them about 3 months ago, maybe 1,500 miles. Haven't had a TPMS warning in that time. Could be just the head of a nail I guess, but it hasn't come out and I'm not pulling it out, haha.

I went 50% on the windshield of my car and went 70% on our other car (which has white seats). In retrospect I should have gone with the opposite on each car... but I would probably go 70% on both if doing it again. The 50% was great in the daytime, and still okay at night. But at night and raining I wished I could see more. I have Osrams and the other car has pretty good factory LED headlights.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Wife sent me this today

Good thing I was already planning on having the MAS4 mounted tomorrow morning.

Also, tint appointment for Thursday on her GLI as well. Still up in the air between 50 & 70% for the windshield 30% on the rest.
I’m at 20% on all the sides and 70% on windshield - 70% it really transparent even at night - I have to tell passengers that it’s tinted cause you can barley tell.

But it sure does help with comfort in this
Heat.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Ceramic tint ftw. Even completely clear ceramic blocks more heat than the darkest standard tint. A good tint shop that offers ceramic should have a heat lamp w/ examples to demonstrate the difference in heat rejection. I believe I went with 35% in the front. 5% in the back, plus the sun-visor tint

Another cool benefit is it's more durable if someone tries to break into your car. My brother came out of the gym to find someone had smashed his window, and the car next to his, but they couldn't get break through his window because of the ceramic tint holding it together

In the Alfa tho I was surprised how transparent the windshield tint was from inside

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Ceramic tint ftw. Even completely clear ceramic blocks more heat than the darkest standard tint. A good tint shop that offers ceramic should have a heat lamp w/ examples to demonstrate the difference in heat rejection. I believe I went with 35% in the front. 5% in the back, plus the sun-visor tint

Another cool benefit is it's more durable if someone tries to break into your car. My brother came out of the gym to find someone had smashed his window, and the car next to his, but they couldn't get break through his window because of the ceramic tint holding it together

In the Alfa tho I was surprised how transparent the windshield tint was from inside
I have 20% in standard tint. It wasn’t a money issue as it was about $100 difference. The guy was telling me the ceramic tint would be a slight bronze tint, which I didn’t want.
Not sure if that was just that specific brand, LUMIX I believe, it what. It does get hot as hell here in NC though and it would be great to have ceramic.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I have 20% in standard tint. It wasn’t a money issue as it was about $100 difference. The guy was telling me the ceramic tint would be a slight bronze tint, which I didn’t want.
Not sure if that was just that specific brand, LUMIX I believe, it what. It does get hot as hell here in NC though and it would be great to have ceramic.
They do look a bit different, mostly not as dark/black. Maybe that brand was different like you said, but I wouldn't call it bronze...but a shinier/more-reflective look

no1.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Yeah I’ve had ceramic 30% all around on my Gti five years or so and it’s a massive difference in heat rejection.

Mine needs some of the tint replaced under warranty, and I’ll probably do the windshield on it too.

At least you hadn’t mounted the new tires yet!
This! Would be my luck to pick something up on the new set lol

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
my neighbors have made this comment to me repeatedly throughout the years, when they see me working on a new car of mine. I’m like “haven’t we been through this before? Just because I’m replacing the suspension doesn’t mean there was anything wrong with it in the first place!” 😁😁😁

I honestly get the feeling that every time I'm installing a new part on my mother's driveway that the neighbors think I'm fixing something. It's like it is always jacked up and I'm laying underneath it. I never see anyone on her street working on their cars, ever, so I can only imagine they think their cars are so perfect and I'm always working on something broken, lol. I'm also the only VW on her street whenever I go to her house.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I honestly get the feeling that every time I'm installing a new part on my mother's driveway that the neighbors think I'm fixing something. It's like it is always jacked up and I'm laying underneath it. I never see anyone on her street working on their cars, ever, so I can only imagine they think their cars are so perfect and I'm always working on something broken, lol. I'm also the only VW on her street whenever I go to her house.

Yeah I've had neighbor's say "Why do you always get VWs? I always hear they're so unreliable, and you're always working on new cars."

I don't even bother with them lol.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yeah I've had neighbor's say "Why do you always get VWs? I always hear they're so unreliable, and you're always working on new cars."

I don't even bother with them lol.
Tell them you're currently breaking things on purpose because it was too perfect

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah I got debris of come sort in one of my tires. Like 16d Nail shank sized. Been in there for like 10k, lol. If it doesn't leak it stays IMO.

This is also why you also don't pull the knife out if you get stabbed.