GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Any recommendations for someone that can repair a CF lip locally?

The lip is cracked in half. I know there's no chance they'll get the weave to line up perfectly again but getting the lip back to 1 piece is good enough for me.

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Anybody have a garage/driveway and want to to let me try to figure out how to put in an aux radiator in the GTI? You can even help if you were so inclined. I can pay with money, pizza, beer, whatever. Would ideally be in the next two weeks. Have a track event next Friday that I'd love to actually use full throttle at. After that, I'm headed back home to Ohio where there's a garage so I'll tackle it there if I can't figure it out by then.

dishwab

Passed Driver's Ed
Probably a long shot, but does anybody in the Chicago area have a set of Durban wheels for sale by any chance?

I'll be coming through from Detroit next weekend if anyone is looking to sell a set locally.

danieI

Car(s)
Mk7.5
Anyone here recommend an APR dealer local to Chicago? Just got into a 2018 with an APR + tune and need it updated/switched over to my name. I read Pugi VW does a good job for the dealership experience. Any other recs?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Anyone here recommend an APR dealer local to Chicago? Just got into a 2018 with an APR + tune and need it updated/switched over to my name. I read Pugi VW does a good job for the dealership experience. Any other recs?
The service writer at Pugi is an idiot He knows absolutely nothing about APR and not much more about VWs in general. It was about a year ago when I was there last, hopefully they've gotten rid of that dude by now.
I did eventually get to speak to the actual tech who did all of the APR work and he was very knowledgeable

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVI Stage 2
This is not in Chicago, but they do great work. Axels Automotive in Lake Bluff has done all my cars. Ask for Nick Knauz

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I was driving my son home from a baseball tournament a little while back and passed by a GTI caravan headed southbound on Hunt Club road just north of Gurnee. Any chance that included members here?

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone got a interior trunk floor lid (the thing over the tire) they wanna sell or donate if they're throwing it out?