GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate Actuator Adjustment

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
yeah, ENGINE should not have any red after scanning. if it does open that up and clear just that section.
I'm getting this now, it came right back after I cycled the key

Attachments

• 20210923_140258.jpg
    20210923_140258.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 123

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I plugged the wastegate connector back in and it clicked. When I picked up the car a couple months ago my mechanic was in the middle of rewiring the harness for the wastgate, he said that it was re wired before but he didn't like how it was done but I never had issues with the wastegate only the turbo. Ugh this will be my third wastegate

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Why would it ever need to be rewired? odd. i think something was wired incorrectly or poorly
I didn't think too much of it at the time because he's usually pretty good and covers all the bases but I'm skeptical. I contacted Mamba a couple weeks ago after I started having the issues and now they are willing to refund me for the wastegate so hopefully should have the replacement in next week and can try this process again. Thanks for the quick replys while I was out working on it, greatly appreciated!

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I didn't think too much of it at the time because he's usually pretty good and covers all the bases but I'm skeptical. I contacted Mamba a couple weeks ago after I started having the issues and now they are willing to refund me for the wastegate so hopefully should have the replacement in next week and can try this process again. Thanks for the quick replys while I was out working on it, greatly appreciated!
Hopefully it just ends up being the wastegate again but if it's wiring I'm going to have to ask my mechanic about when he rewired it