GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure some folks are bookmarking this build, but found this on copart if someone is serious about doing their own build
https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/ca...DI_RS3_CERT_OF_TITLE-SALVAGE_NORTH_BOSTON_MA/

Issue is the interior might not be something you can fork over to the Golf R (Biohazard), however the parts you want are in mint condition...I have an odd feeling I might be jumping on this bandwagon in the next year or two with my power train set to expire shortly and wanting a new car...

@GNBRETT any update on your build? Really interested to see what you had done with it. Also will bombard you with a million questions after unfortunately, so well - up to you if you reply haha

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm sure some folks are bookmarking this build, but found this on copart if someone is serious about doing their own build
https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/ca...DI_RS3_CERT_OF_TITLE-SALVAGE_NORTH_BOSTON_MA/

Issue is the interior might not be something you can fork over to the Golf R (Biohazard), however the parts you want are in mint condition...I have an odd feeling I might be jumping on this bandwagon in the next year or two with my power train set to expire shortly and wanting a new car...

@GNBRETT any update on your build? Really interested to see what you had done with it. Also will bombard you with a million questions after unfortunately, so well - up to you if you reply haha

Biohazard usually just means blood. Looks like a couple bullet holes on the hood and driver door, maybe? Someone got shot in the car?

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE

Do pictures not work on that auction? I'm getting the 'slash picture' icons instead...

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Bullet holes and a baby seat in the back. Yikes.

Hard to tell if the car is starting though, no pics of the dash on and ODO unavailable isn't good.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do pictures not work on that auction? I'm getting the 'slash picture' icons instead...

Work fine for me

1632348514344.png

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
haha ya, I spoke with Alex yesterday, and you want something that you can salvage the engine / transmission and Haldex from. Not a whole lot out there right now, I think it's not too bad.

I think though this is going to be such a great option though the RS3 swap if you are planning on keeping the car long term. One thing I was worried about is the weight of the 2.5T vs 2.0T (transmission included) but it looks like a wash for weight due to the aluminum vs iron blocks. So the fun dynamics of the R won't be gone, just a lot more power potential and an engine that provides noise for the 2.0T soundaktor.

Still a year or so of powertrain - and an excuse to have some major work done on my R, in Connecticut lol, looking forward to future updates

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Few updates...... Motor is in and running for a few weeks. Then coming out to be built. Wanted to make sure everything worked properly before building the motor and putting the Syvex on. A few pics of some parts going on.......
IMG_0913.jpeg
IMG_0912.jpeg
IMG_0700 (1).jpeg
IMG_0285.jpeg
IMG_0445.jpeg
6D446EBE-FA28-446C-ABBE-0F6B546AF9BB_1_201_a copy.jpg
5442146A-0D1D-4A57-A6E1-3970767E7D73.jpeg
64660857840__A4B3C042-2550-41F0-95F5-E77A99A6F310.jpeg

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
He said Syvecs, ok you have my attention lol. I know its stupid expensive but it really seems to be the answer for built motor/high hp.
-also, that exhaust is dead sexy lol.