GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
1631810919608.png

1631811175358.png

Driving around in this for the next few days since my car remains in the shop for an indefinite amount of time while VW tries to bend me over

Thing's pretty sweet, rides smooth and sharp

but I just want my GTI back

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
View attachment 225564
View attachment 225565

Driving around in this for the next few days since my car remains in the shop for an indefinite amount of time while VW tries to bend me over

I seriously considered buying one of these when I was looking at the GTI.

We're still considering this as a potential replacement for the S/O's Saab.

How awesome is it?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
View attachment 225564
View attachment 225565

Interestingly enough, I have been called out by one of these. A 2017 2.0T. He claims he is 475hp. Based on your impression of this car, what's my odds?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
i was seriously considering trading for one of these a month or so ago. which trim level is this?

I seriously considered buying one of these when I was looking at the GTI.

We're still considering this as a potential replacement for the S/O's Saab.

How awesome is it?

As far as i can tell its the base RWD trim with a few packages (window sticker below).

It drives real nice, despite the Italian heritage the whole package has a German feel to it, but with more agility than I would expect from a base 3series or A4. I haven't gotten to take it anywhere fun yet but i actually thought it had AWD the first couple drives because when you floor it through a corner it straightens out immediately and takes off

Plus it stands out so much more than just a typical BMW or any other car in this price range. These cars have always caught my attention when they're around.

It's definitely a car I could see myself purchasing in the future

image_2021-09-16_102633.png

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Interestingly enough, I have been called out by one of these. A 2017 2.0T. He claims he is 475hp. Based on your impression of this car, what's my odds?
Lol I can't say for sure... For 280hp it does feel pretty quick. It's probably 200-300lbs heavier than your car but if he is actually making that much power I would probably lean towards the Alfa winning, I don't think it can make that much without upgrading the turbo.

Stage 2 R is about 380hp - right? You might stand a chance with the backseats/spare removed and some ethanol

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
They always make me think of shocked pikachu.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
My wife gapped one not long ago while driving my car. . So there’s that.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Lol I can't say for sure... For 280hp it does feel pretty quick. It's probably 200-300lbs heavier than your car but if he is actually making that much power I would probably lean towards the Alfa winning, I don't think it can make that much without upgrading the turbo.

Stage 2 R is about 380hp - right? You might stand a chance with the backseats/spare removed and some ethanol
I played with one of the Quadrifoglio models a few months ago going up Craig road…. That think sounds nuts! Super beefy, tried to run from a dig and it ate me alive through first gear! As I just spun, but in second above 4k I was already closing the gap… then from rolling at high rpms
2nd to 3rd we ran neck n neck for a quick blast till I had to brake…

They are a good chunk heavier
That GTIs and that model is even a good 400lbs more than a typical R.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I played with one of the Quadrifoglio models a few months ago going up Craig road…. That think sounds nuts! Super beefy, tried to run from a dig and it ate me alive through first gear! As I just spun, but in second above 4k I was already closing the gap… then from rolling at high rpms
2nd to 3rd we ran neck n neck for a quick blast till I had to brake…

They are a good chunk heavier
That GTIs and that model is even a good 400lbs more than a typical R.
Ya they sound absolutely nuts for a v6, dare I say I think I like it even more than an RS3

For those interested-

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Ya they sound absolutely nuts for a v6, dare I say I think I like it even more than an RS3

For those interested-
The quadrifoglio vs RS3? No contest the Italians know how to make a pretty car.

I would argue the best car you can buy at any dollar amount would be a toss up between this or a BMW M5.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The quadrifoglio vs RS3? No contest the Italians know how to make a pretty car.

I would argue the best car you can buy at any dollar amount would be a toss up between this or a BMW M5.
Well I just meant between the sounds, but I agree the Alfa looks better too