GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How is your COBB mounted?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What holder is that and how are you running the wire? Looks clean.

wizgear off Amazon. I ran the cable from the OBD plug up through the dashboard without having to cut or Dremel anything

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
By the steering wheel? It's a very clean install.
exactly.....tight, but it comes up right in between the steering column and other piece. You have to route it through the bottom, and then pull up on the cord to connect.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This is the only thing that stops me from going EQT. I don’t really want anything mounted on the dash like that.
That's silly... Just tune and throw it in the glovebox; it's not required to be plugged in.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
This is the only thing that stops me from going EQT. I don’t really want anything mounted on the dash like that.
So don't? Unless I'm monitoring or actively logging it stays in that little cubby by my knee.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
That's silly... Just tune and throw it in the glovebox; it's not required to be plugged in.

So don't? Unless I'm monitoring or actively logging it stays in that little cubby by my knee.
Oh. Man. I’m a dummy. I was under the impression it had to be plugged in all the time, like a piggy back.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Oh. Man. I’m a dummy. I was under the impression it had to be plugged in all the time, like a piggy back.
The more you can not look at it and just trust that your car is well maintained and the tune is well done the better… some people lose their shit over the smallest bit of knock or one of the other hundred + parameters that can be monitored. Not saying that’s you, but as you indicated, you don’t want to have it plugged in and it doesn’t need to be. Tune, run a WOT log to confirm everything is good, and enjoy.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
The more you can not look at it and just trust that your car is well maintained and the tune is well done the better… some people lose their shit over the smallest bit of knock or one of the other hundred + parameters that can be monitored. Not saying that’s you, but as you indicated, you don’t want to have it plugged in and it doesn’t need to be. Tune, run a WOT log to confirm everything is good, and enjoy.
Great now I need to spend another grand...dammit!

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
But.... racekar.