GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

replacing MIB2 unit after retrofit

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
I was curious if anyone has experience with installing a different MIB2 unit in their car after a retrofit and coding procedure was done. Top of my head says component protection at least. Anyone with first hand experience?

I have a delphi unit that is giving me no sound issues on start up. From what I read these are problematic to begin with. I found a technisat unit and am considering swapping out.

Otherwise I'm guessing its a full recode/fec/codec

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure... I've had Delphi (MIB II retrofit), Technisat (MIB II with nav retrofit) and now Harman (MIB 2.5, Discover Pro with 9.2" screen). I never had any issues with my Delphi but I remember reading about problems with them. Both my Technisat and Harman have been rock solid. I have not read about anyone having issues with Harman units but I suppose they are less prevalent. Quite possible I was just lucky to have stable software builds in all cases.

Monty9120

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf mark 7 gtd
- You need component protection removed
- maps added to memory card if your old car didn’t have nav this can be downloaded off vw website
- Car play activated if it’s not and you want it normally people who do protection removal can do this
Any added extras your car has that the donor car didn’t have ie reverse camera
- correct USB port for car play android and iPhone are different