GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds phenomenal.

Is your car manual or dsg? Just wondering if that wonderful noise between shifts were "DSG farts" or something I can have.
That car is obviously a DSG. Yes it was the farts.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spent an hour swapping my track pads out, checking oil, mounting the RE71Rs for autocross tomorrow.
20210911_210328.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Spent an hour swapping my track pads out, checking oil, mounting the RE71Rs for autocross tomorrow. View attachment 225015

An hour...Damn. Takes me like 2 hours to swap tires out. Of course I thoroughly clean the wheels before putting them on the rack.

Also leave my stock pads for autocross. They've been fine for short track as well. But will probably get some ebc yellow for cota next month

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spent an hour swapping my track pads out, checking oil, mounting the RE71Rs for autocross tomorrow. View attachment 225015
I'm working from home, so it still had the track pads in it from a months ago. I autocrossed on them once, but they didn't have enough bite. My street pad is much better for autocross.

On a side note, between the heat and how corrosive the dust is from the track pads, my calipers powder coating looks terrible. Tried cleaning them up, but it's no use. No more bright red calipers, they're a dark, dingy red.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sounds phenomenal.

Is your car manual or dsg? Just wondering if that wonderful noise between shifts were "DSG farts" or something I can have.

The car driving in the video is DSG, and those are standard farts with a Unitronic stage 1 tune (no pops n bangs).

My personal car that’s just in the background is 6MT, & APR is38. It gets confusing since the overwhelming majority of Mk7s seem to be white lol. That’s the running joke at my shop, what color car today? Well I’d have to assume white haha

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
ECS shifter mounting bracket bushing upgrade
ECS shifter cable bushing upgrade kit
Dieselgeek shifter shaft bushing kit

Now, THAT'S more like it!

- Bob

P.S. - And while removing the battery and tray is "optional" for the mounting bracket bushings, it definitely would have made things easier. Lesson learned.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
New front and rear emblems for my 7.5

Attachments

• 20210912_125138.jpg
    20210912_125138.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • 20210912_124712.jpg
    20210912_124712.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The car driving in the video is DSG, and those are standard farts with a Unitronic stage 1 tune (no pops n bangs).

My personal car that’s just in the background is 6MT, & APR is38. It gets confusing since the overwhelming majority of Mk7s seem to be white lol. That’s the running joke at my shop, what color car today? Well I’d have to assume white haha
That's what was throwing me off. I remember you mentioning your car was 6mt somewhere else and then I saw the video (admittedly skipped through to what I wanted to see so I heard 0 commentary beforehand) and was confused when i heard what I thought was a manual car make that noise.