Attachments

• PXL_20210909_220130648.jpg
    PXL_20210909_220130648.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I want to like those Seamasters so much but I just don't!
That's not to say that it is not a good looking watch. It is just not for me.
Maybe if I saw it in person I would change my mind.
Not a huge fan of skeleton hands in general and the HE escape valve.
But dang do I love that dial. And I'm pretty confident that if I actually got to try one on I would like it hah.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
But dang do I love that dial. And I'm pretty confident that if I actually got to try one on I would like it hah.
Try it on!
Similarly, I was enamoured by pictures of the Nautilus until I saw it in the metal in Rome. After seeing it up close it lost its appeal to me. Now the 5396 however!!!

Speedmaster however I really like, but I can’t rock a chronograph but I do enjoy when others rock it because it is an awesome watch that I like seeing!

Seamaster, PO and Submariners and their variants are also all watches I’d like to own and wear. After trying them on and seeing them in person, it is understandable why they are popular.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Try it on!
Similarly, I was enamoured by pictures of the Nautilus until I saw it in the metal in Rome. After seeing it up close it lost its appeal to me. Now the 5396 however!!!

Speedmaster however I really like, but I can’t rock a chronograph but I do enjoy when others rock it because it is an awesome watch that I like seeing!

Seamaster, PO and Submariners and their variants are also all watches I’d like to own and wear. After trying them on and seeing them in person, it is understandable why they are popular.

Lol why no chronograph?
I've posted here before saying that I've been eying the Tudor GMT. When I went to go pick up that OP the guy had a GMT there.
I figured he may give me a good deal on it since I was buying that stupid Rolex for double MSRP lol. But nope!
All I wanted was for him to give it to me for $3500 out the door, and he wouldn't budge from $3500 plus tax and everything else...so I walked.
I was a little bummed, but I was picking up a '73 Squareback that weekend, so I didn't REALLY need to be spending the extra money.
I'm still planning on getting one at the end of the year though. That is if I don't buy any more cars...which I was sort of planning on when the MK8 got here hah.

Last edited:

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Lol why no chronograph?
I've posted here before saying that I've been eying the Tudor GMT. When I went to go pick up that OP the guy had a GMT there.
I figured he may give me a good deal on it since I was buying that stupid Rolex for double MSRP lol. But nope!
All I wanted was for him to give it to me for $3500 out the door, and he wouldn't budge from $3500 plus tax and everything else...so I walked.
I was a little bummed, but I was picking up a '73 Squareback that weekend, so I didn't REALLY need to be spending the extra money.
I'm still planning on getting one at the end of the year though. That is if I don't buy any more cars...which I was sort of planning on when the MK8 got here hah.
Something about three sub dials that i’d rather see on other people’s wrists than mine. Too busy I guess.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Lol why no chronograph?
pics of squareback. i'd love to build a notchback or squareback.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
pics of squareback. i'd love to build a notchback or squareback.

Not much to "build" on this one.

1631293070072.png

Exterior is pretty much done except for a few finishing touches. Motor is strong as well.
Interior is a full gut and re-do though. Carpets, seats, headliner, dash...everything.
But other than that just a few small things and it will be a solid cruiser. Going to upgrade suspension and brakes a bit as well.

Last edited:

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Not much to "build" on this one.

View attachment 224933

Exterior is pretty much done except for a few finishing touches. Motor is strong as well.
Interior is a full gut and re-do though. Carpets, seats, headliner, dash...everything.
But other than that just a few small things and it will be a solid cruiser. Going to upgrade suspension and brakes a bit as well.
So dope!!! Nice pick up!

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Not as fancy as the others here, but just picked up this Garmin Instinct Solar for my planned outings going hiking

7EF8F206-1470-4CB4-A7B9-96E3AA335E1D.jpeg

Last edited:

Qmann05

Passed Driver's Ed
yes try it on. It's one of those watches people love or hate. And the dial is even better in person. The hands float above the dial and the weight is spot on for what it is. Now to collect more Omega's