GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Haldex Issue… how to diagnose?

cooptrav

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I just bought a 2017 R and it’s struggling to give any power to the rear wheels! All the way through 3-4 gear it’ll light up the TC and spin. Tried to launch it and just the front tires spun. Currently wondering how to diagnose and find out what is wrong so I don’t spend lots of not needed time and money. It does have the code AWD Mechanical Failure but not sure what even that means. Let me know what is the best way to diagnose and what is the best step to continue moving forward to figure it out! Thanks

Car only has 35k miles!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Start by changing the fluid and inspecting the pump. If it’s not doing anything the pump is likely burnt out or the controller is.

cooptrav

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Start by changing the fluid and inspecting the pump. If it’s not doing anything the pump is likely burnt out or the controller is.
Is there a way to tell if the pump is working? Just change the fluid and then see if it works? Is there a specific way to tell if it’s the pump or the controller? Can I clean the pump filter somehow?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Is there a way to tell if the pump is working? Just change the fluid and then see if it works? Is there a specific way to tell if it’s the pump or the controller? Can I clean the pump filter somehow?
May be a way to test the pump with vcds. You can clean the filter but it won’t fix a burnt out pump.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Since you have a code, a clogged pump filter is most likely the issue. I'm curious what kind of tires you have on the car though.