GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I have an hour of Dyno time coming up, for funs. Was thinking I’d get about 4 runs out of if if it took about 20 to set up/ tear down. I was thinking I’d do 1 stock run, 2 on my map 6, and maybe one last one on map 2, just to understand and see the power difference. It looks like usually you take the average of 3 runs unless numbers flex some.

1.) anything I should know / do in pre or post dyno? It’s my first one
2.) should I just do 3 runs on map 6?
3.) what should I expect!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I have an hour of Dyno time coming up, for funs. Was thinking I’d get about 4 runs out of if if it took about 20 to set up/ tear down. I was thinking I’d do 1 stock run, 2 on my map 6, and maybe one last one on map 2, just to understand and see the power difference. It looks like usually you take the average of 3 runs unless numbers flex some.

1.) anything I should know / do in pre or post dyno? It’s my first one
2.) should I just do 3 runs on map 6?
3.) what should I expect!
Not sure what mods you have, but make sure there are lots of fans. Like a ton of them. I never have heat soak or high IATs on the street, but I lost 10hp each pull when I put mine on a Dyno and the IATs got into the 140's. All they had was one blower fan on the car, no where near enough.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Not sure what mods you have, but make sure there are lots of fans. Like a ton of them. I never have heat soak or high IATs on the street, but I lost 10hp each pull when I put mine on a Dyno and the IATs got into the 140's. All they had was one blower fan on the car, no where near enough.
I’ve got a front mount, but that’s about it. Should I do the runs with the hood up? Idk if that’ll help much

itskohler

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 1998 4runn
I’ve got a front mount, but that’s about it. Should I do the runs with the hood up? Idk if that’ll help much
I don't have an answer for you, however I'm interested to see your results!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In all the different fuel economy screens, is there one that estimates DTE? (Don't yell at me, I ar dum.)
I'm dumb also what's DTE? FWIW the fuel mileage the car says I got on a tank of gas reads approximately 2.3 MPG high compared to manually calculating which is the most accurate way.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I'm dumb also what's DTE? FWIW the fuel mileage the car says I got on a tank of gas reads approximately 2.3 MPG high compared to manually calculating which is the most accurate way.
Distance To Empty. I take all the electronic fuel consumption numbers as rough estimates, but my GTI is pretty close to reality. It's optimistic by .4-.5 l/100Km.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Distance To Empty. I take all the electronic fuel consumption numbers as rough estimates, but my GTI is pretty close to reality. It's optimistic by .4-.5 l/100Km.
I don't remember seeing a DTE screen just a pop up message warning you there's x miles left. It's been so long since I've seen it I don't remember for sure though.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
^^^something like that (y)

Up or down arrows will bring you through oil temp, range, time, economy, range, etc I know you can add/delete some of these through car setting on the MIB unit.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
^^^something like that (y)

Up or down arrows will bring you through oil temp, range, time, economy, range, etc I know you can add/delete some of these through car setting on the MIB unit.
Very important point here. I thought my car was missing oil temp, range and a few others when I first got the car; had to go turn them all on.