GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
No he didn't, but he has an unused HPFP that he is selling, I want to low ball him - but now I feel bad because I met him and we had a good chat. I'm most likely going to go TPC20 as per your advice. Just getting her ready, step by step.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Did he take you for a pull?

When my car was stage 2 level I was like “I’m good at this point it’s plenty alive for a street driver” then met a guy with a built motor full till vortex lx R in the same 500+ range, he took me for a drive and after one launch to 80 - I instantly had to travel down the hybrid and fueling road I went 😂😂

That's why I never accept rides from strange men.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
BL revision Pcv and a new oil cooler. Gonna clean the hell out of the oil filter housing but if anything that touches oil is questionable I’m replacing it on the new motor. 4 bar put also showed up.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Beluga/Rev9 exhaust. Originally I was gonna go with a 3" Vibrant 17950/BorlaXS setup from a local shop for ~$1000. That was 4 weeks ago and I got tired of waiting and decided to go with this setup. I like the look of the dual cans. I already have the Vibrant and may add the BorlaXS like Ridebjj.

Attachments

• IMG_7673.JPG
    IMG_7673.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 61

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Moving along my plans, after installing the Wagner intercooler, I finally had a chance to install the Unitronic downpipe...

Really nice piece, super nice welds, perfect product as far as I could tell, had to wait 3 months for this... and by the time it arrived, I was in a little accident and couldn't drive for a few months, so I have been itching to get it installed, and I did over the weekend...

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.19 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.19 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.19 AM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.19 AM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.19 AM (4).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.48 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 9.01.19 AM (5).jpeg

A bit underwhelming honestly, I thought it would get a lot louder from all I had read here... I almost couldn't tell at first!

The cold start is a tiny bit louder and raspier, but other than that its only louder under higher throttle, and it went from (stock) basically not being sure if you can even hear the exhaust to at least being able to hear it....
Just a bit anti climatic, my old MKV was really loud... I secretly wanted it a bit louder haha... no drone, etc

Definitely how it should have come from the factory! I didn't really get pictures of the actual sealing V band clamps, but they were super nice...! CEL came on within 15mi...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Moving along my plans, after installing the Wagner intercooler, I finally had a chance to install the Unitronic downpipe...

Really nice piece, super nice welds, perfect product as far as I could tell, had to wait 3 months for this... and by the time it arrived, I was in a little accident and couldn't drive for a few months, so I have been itching to get it installed, and I did over the weekend...

View attachment 224037

View attachment 224038

View attachment 224039View attachment 224040

View attachment 224041View attachment 224043

View attachment 224042

A bit underwhelming honestly, I thought it would get a lot louder from all I had read here... I almost couldn't tell at first!

The cold start is a tiny bit louder and raspier, but other than that its only louder under higher throttle, and it went from (stock) basically not being sure if you can even hear the exhaust to at least being able to hear it....
Just a bit anti climatic, my old MKV was really loud... I secretly wanted it a bit louder haha... no drone, etc

Definitely how it should have come from the factory! I didn't really get pictures of the actual sealing V band clamps, but they were super nice...! CEL came on within 15mi...
It's a great piece, it'll get louder as it breaks in. CEL came on cause of no tune.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
It's a great piece, it'll get louder as it breaks in. CEL came on cause of no tune.

Yeah, I got the COBB and EQT going on it next... I just wanted to note how long it took for it to come on, some take hundreds of miles...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
TCR front bumper air ducts, a hare decided to headbutt my drivers side foglight so that it broke 3 of the mounting tabs. Never use my fogs anyway and like the TCR look better.View attachment 224059

Hmmmm, wondering if that could be rigged up to a brake duct.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hmmmm, wondering if that could be rigged up to a brake duct.
Im sure you could but they direct outwards now to exit the air in the gap between the fenderliner and bumper, here are the part numbers if you want to order them.

DS: 5g0853211j
PS: 5g0853212j

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
After waiting about 2 months I finally received my ARM FMIC. Also have a turbo blanket. Now I need to find time to install everything.