Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's not as bad as it looks. And Satin Black Neuspeed touch up paint was ordered while sitting at the first stoplight I came to...

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
any simple English to explain what is spool? lol

It refers to how quickly the turbocharger can hit target boost. For example let’s say the Vortex standard reaches target boost at 3000rpm the Vortex XL will hit the same boost a little later like 35-3600rpms. These are arbitrary numbers but hopefully you get the idea. I’m sure some Vortex owners will chime in with more accurate numbers.

The Vortex will provide a greater midrange as it “spools” sooner but it may not have as strong of a top end as the XL. A little give an take. That being said unless you’re going absolute max effort on E85 I doubt you will see the Vortex lose power on the top end compared to the XL. Hope this helps.

slinzx

Car(s)
MK7R
It refers to how quickly the turbocharger can hit target boost. For example let’s say the Vortex standard reaches target boost at 3000rpm the Vortex XL will hit the same boost a little later like 35-3600rpms. These are arbitrary numbers but hopefully you get the idea. I’m sure some Vortex owners will chime in with more accurate numbers.

The Vortex will provide a greater midrange as it “spools” sooner but it may not have as strong of a top end as the XL. A little give an take. That being said unless you’re going absolute max effort on E85 I doubt you will see the Vortex lose power on the top end compared to the XL. Hope this helps.
now i get it. but i have asked the workshop regarding price. the diff is $200 between standard and XL... but for daily drive, is20 will suit me more.. anyone 7r who change their stock is38 for vortex standard is20?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Installed the EMD billet coolant adapter today.
20210827_120323.jpg

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion