- Milltek Catback Exhaust
- Boost Pipe Kit
- IE Downpipe
- IE Muffler Delete
- IE Turbo Inlet pipe IS38
- IE Dogbone mount insert
- IE FDS Intercooler
- IE stage 2

Am thinking of getting EQT XL with autotech HPFP and Custom Tune Stage 3. anyone have this turbo installed? any review with this brand? will the engine able to withstand the increase HP?

it's a daily drive car and actually I don't really step on pedal so often. understand that Hybrid Turbo only kicks in after 3+ 4000 rpm? my daily drive is only around 2000+ rpm. Worry the turbo lag will affect my daily drive. Just want to get my car to be a little bit more fun.

or should i just upgrade my DV for fun?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
hi, am new to this forum.

Am currently with these few setup.

- Boost Pipe Kit
- IE Downpipe
- IE Muffler Delete
- IE FDS Intercooler
- IE stage 2

Am thinking of getting EQT XL with autotech HPFP and Custom Tune Stage 3. anyone have this turbo installed? any review with this brand? will the engine able to withstand the increase HP?

it's a daily drive car and actually I don't really step on pedal so often. understand that Hybrid Turbo only kicks in after 3+ 4000 rpm? my daily drive is only around 2000+ rpm. Worry the turbo lag will affect my daily drive. Just want to get my car to be a little bit more fun.

Welcome to the forum. I would just go with the EQT Vortex not the XL. With the Vortex and a HPFP you'll be around 440 HP with an EQT tune. There also won't be any noticeable turbo lag. And I would not change the DV. The OEM DV is the best. Just do all maintenence on time or preferably early and it will be reliable. Gap
the spark plugs to 024.

Last edited:

slinzx

Car(s)
MK7R
Welcome to the forum. I would just go with the EQT Vortex not the XL. With the Vortex and a HPFP you'll be around 440 HP with an EQT tune. There also won't be any noticeable turbo lag. And I would not change the DV. The OEM DV is the best. Just do all maintenence on time or preferably early and it will be reliable. Gap
the spark plugs to 024.

thank you for your fast respond!
whats the different between EQT Vortex and the XL?

i was quoted with the following:

EQT Vortex Turbocharger
Actuator Installed 7 Calibrated 2.5'Discharge Pipe, Muffler delete, Couplers
Turbine housing: XL

and also, what does it mean by 30psi ( 2 bar ) by 3400rpm boost?

sorry, quite a rookiewith all these.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
This means it will achieve target boost threshold at 3400. Car will go fast zoom zoom. The XL used a larger turbine housing and is more laggy. Go with the eqt vortex standard. It is the perfect street turbo application.

I will be getting one when the boost sale comes around.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
thank you for your fast respond!
whats the different between EQT Vortex and the XL?

i was quoted with the following:

EQT Vortex Turbocharger
Actuator Installed 7 Calibrated 2.5'Discharge Pipe, Muffler delete, Couplers
Turbine housing: XL

and also, what does it mean by 30psi ( 2 bar ) by 3400rpm boost?

sorry, quite a rookiewith all these.
The XL has more capabilities because of the wheel sizes. You asked for reliability and the standard Vortex would be more suitable for you. The XL can get you up to and over 500 HP and reliability drops when you get to that level of power. 30 psi is the amount of boost the Vortex can achieve at only 3400 RPM. It means you won't have any lag.

slinzx

Car(s)
MK7R
luckily i join this forum to know more about it! thanks for all the advise!... anyway, i assume all you did have an upgrade turbo too? vortex is good? i was recommended to Revo too.. but the price is a killer..

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
As you’re based in apac- maybe check what is local to you?

slinzx

Car(s)
MK7R
i decided on the vortex already. regarding price, the diff is $200 between standard and XL... but for daily drive, is20 will suit me more..so most likely i'll get the standard instead for my 7r for my need. i hope i will not regret the decision!

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
hi, am new to this forum.

Am currently with these few setup.

- Boost Pipe Kit
- IE Downpipe
- IE Muffler Delete
- IE FDS Intercooler
- IE stage 2

I run it with HPFP on 93, car is a blast to drive. As many have stated about the lag, I don't notice driving around town but if I floor it sub 3200 it is there. Once she spools up though it is all smiles. My thought with the XL versus the standard, if I plan to give it the beans not too concerned with a few hundred RPM later in spool. I am seeing spool up at 3200 rpm in 4th according to logs, not complaining one bit.

Last edited:

slinzx

Car(s)
MK7R
I run it with HPFP on 93, car is a blast to drive. As many have stated about the lag, I don't notice driving around town but if I floor it sub 3200 it is there. Once she spools up though it is all smiles. My thought with the XL versus the standard, if I plan to give it the beans not too concerned with a few hundred RPM later in spool. I am seeing spool up at 3200 rpm in 4th according to logs, not complaining one bit.
But I seldom exceed 3000rpm on my country road. Hahahah