GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offered 32K for 2019 Alltrack SE, considering options

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My friends spent a huge amount of money on a wedding and then got divorced anyway.
I flew from Hawaii, where I was living at the time, to the Caribbean so I could be the best man at a wedding that ended in divorce less than a year later.

Save your money. City hall or just decide you don't need the title.

My girlfriend has been that for 10 years. We have a mortgage together, she could divorce me she can't divorce bank of America

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
woof, that’s also part of it. I feel like a lot of the people stupid enough to drop insane amounts of money on a wedding are the same people who aren’t smart enough to choose the RIGHT person.
Not necessarily. Life happens, people grow apart, both parties make mistakes, some want kids, then the kids break them up. It's life man. I've learned that life is one big wave and all you can do is surf it the best that you can. Try not to predict the tide, you'll be left disappointed.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not necessarily. Life happens, people grow apart, both parties make mistakes, some want kids, then the kids break them up. It's life man. I've learned that life is one big wave and all you can do is surf it the best that you can. Try not to predict the tide, you'll be left disappointed.

Well said. Usually say life is a roller coaster, but waves are less predictable. Better analogy.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
If your dad is religious about oil changes, then that chain is lifetime. I work at a Toyota dealer, and people who off-road their FJ/Tacomas thinking that they're bulletproof and neglecting oil changes are starting to come in with cam position sensor codes that are almost always stretched chains.

it’s funny, the dealer is always looking at me like I’m an idiot because I have all the Tacoma fluids changed once a year, and oil is every 6k.

I also drive thousands of miles offroad at 6k lbs GVW per year.

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
it’s funny, the dealer is always looking at me like I’m an idiot because I have all the Tacoma fluids changed once a year, and oil is every 6k.

I also drive thousands of miles offroad at 6k lbs GVW per year.
Ha, I usually call the driveline fluids between 45-60k based on use. Most owners in my neck of the woods go camping a few weeks every summer up a forest road, if not deep into some easy to reach spots. The hardcore owners typically go elsewhere to get them done at short intervals like that.

I'm not the skeevy type that will tell you that your diffs will explode if you don't get them done at 20k miles.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Shit, if life is anything it’s unpredictable.

Doesn't that make it predicable though if you can easily predict it's going to be unpredictable?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Really glad dog dad wagon is taking huge advantage and selling the car and riding out the market!!
Very smart move!!!

turbo_dreams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Really smart move.

I've considered doing the same thing. My car is worth somewhere around $20k, I owe $13.5k. I have some credit card debt and student loans.

Cashing out the GTI would give me enough to go pay cash for something else and make the car payment go away. Tough part is the market being what it is. Sell high, buy high.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ha, I usually call the driveline fluids between 45-60k based on use. Most owners in my neck of the woods go camping a few weeks every summer up a forest road, if not deep into some easy to reach spots. The hardcore owners typically go elsewhere to get them done at short intervals like that.

I'm not the skeevy type that will tell you that your diffs will explode if you don't get them done at 20k miles.

Toyota is decent priced and close, plus I get a free loaner for the day or so it’s in the shop. But my loyalty has now faded.

My normal writer is now management and the rest are worthless AF. I went in to verify my alignment before our trip this summer (5800mi, NM/CO/AZ/UT in the dirt, and they all but refused to touch my truck since I have OEM (TRD 6112/5160s) shocks, leafs, rear bags, and some UCAs that don’t change anything but add a real ball joint. Never a problem in the past getting my exact spec and truck tracking straight... this last time “I wouldn’t have taken your truck, we are an OEM only kind of shop. You should take it somewhere else.”

Meanwhile the service manager is trying to turn the shop into a “mod friendly” but as he says... some of the older writers don’t like him much. Fucking drama... I just want my damn alignment checked so I don’t wreck my new tires.

@Dog Dad Wagon - damn you for doing this. They keep offering me more than I paid for my rabbit in ‘19, and we have four cars at the house....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's why people need 9 months of pre marital counseling before getting married. They discuss those things which makes it clear what each person wants and expects.