GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garrett g25 in mqb

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Back from the dead. Well the update is as follows, I now work at Rampage Fabrication. We're using that G25 for something internal which may or may not come to fruition. I'm not using the adapter, so it's still up for grabs. It's taken longer than I'd like because I got out of the Army and had to find a new job and blah blah nobody cares. It'll get bolted on eventually.

Did you see Garrett released a bolt on G25-660?

https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw...-bolt-on-turbcharger-upgrade-tsi-2-0t-ea888-3

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I saw in my Google Feeds a bunch of dynos with the G25-660. It was a grey (not silver) R, but I can't find it anymore! Was posted about 3 days. Still looking...forget what the final numbers were
There are vids of people using that adapter I have with a 550 or 660. Making well over what the powermax did.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I saw in my Google Feeds a bunch of dynos with the G25-660. It was a grey (not silver) R, but I can't find it anymore! Was posted about 3 days. Still looking...forget what the final numbers were

yea, less than 500 on E82, doesn't sound like they're even close to where it should be.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
ya, I am kind of interested in this, still without having to work on the engine really I think it was mentioned?

less price on the EQT site then their Vortex's - need to look closer at the graphs though. Wouldn't mind a wider power band

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
yea, less than 500 on E82, doesn't sound like they're even close to where it should be.
But where the others using the adapter plate keeping the shaft speed limited to what garret is noting they don’t want you to exceed?

Other than the smaller things that tuners do, if thier peak go was in the higher rpms and that’s where they were running that MBT want exactly did they do so wrong for it to only shell out below 500 to the wheels?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
But where the others using the adapter plate keeping the shaft speed limited to what garret is noting they don’t want you to exceed?

Other than the smaller things that tuners do, if thier peak go was in the higher rpms and that’s where they were running that MBT want exactly did they do so wrong for it to only shell out below 500 to the wheels?
turbototal has dyno charts. they claim 609 on ethanol, like 460 tq with the S2. Which isn't awful. They have full boost at 4k too.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
They have engine dyno charts?

Or are these the same dyno graphs used on the Garrett documents
they've got a garrett watermark. The site is in german, google translated, but I didn't see anything indicating whether it was whp or crank.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
https://www.turbo-total.com/en/600-...ger-for-is38-mqb-ea888-gen3-898200-5001w-4325

595 HP "on Flywheel"

I'd like to see the torque curve on ethanol. Will wait to see whp/tq figures from early adopters though..
I like this wording

600 flywheel horsepower capability (on-vehicle results) “Which means we used a percentage of our choice to what we believe the drivetrain loss would account for and here’s our conclusion of flywheel numbers…

Say we go extreme and use the higher numbers from “internet land” AWD 18-20% lose and well autos are 2-5% over manual.

So let’s say 609 - 21% drivetrain loss we get 481 aka - equivalent to the Aussie white golf r auto car. 😂😂😂

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I mean more dyno graphs. I dunno, I don't care so much for 100+ hp over now, I find it's hard to avoid a big ticket when I have a little fun on the street...I am good with 400-450 whp and the type of torque the IS38 makes at the sametime, or sooner. Then I will be happy.

I really do love this car otherwise, it's a 6MT so I don't see myself hitting any 1/4 mile records to brag about