GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, who's gonna be the first one on the PowerMax?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Think I could tune it with a JB4? I’m guessing no
Yes, but you won’t get anything near what it’s capable of - both diggs and myself have run hybrid off the Jb4 - mine worked fine and was faster than my is20 maxed out jb4 setup with meth but no where near what it’s at now with just 28/29 psi to redline.

Jb4 I had the thing maxed out at 25psi and quickly tapered to 20 psi by redline.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Price I see says $2050 ?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

mk_s

Car(s)
gti
Where does this turbo land you in terms of necessary or recommended modifications? Fuel pump? Internals? Also do we know yet which tuners are going to be interesting in working with this turbo? Can I just send my request to EQT and see how it goes?

Stage 3 clutch is a given. Probably an intercooler too, right? Those stock width tires are going to be useless as well. May be a better use of my time to save for a 400zx

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Where does this turbo land you in terms of necessary or recommended modifications? Fuel pump? Internals? Also do we know yet which tuners are going to be interesting in working with this turbo? Can I just send my request to EQT and see how it goes?

Stage 3 clutch is a given. Probably an intercooler too, right? Those stock width tires are going to be useless as well. May be a better use of my time to save for a 400zx
Any tuner will tune for it. Always an intercooler even if stock.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

See this is me, I am big IC w/pipes, stage 3 clutch w/SMF, Air intake, TMD, TIE, Turbosmart BOV. I am considering HPFP at a minimum, possibly a 535 as well as getting coils. If I was already on CObb/EQT tuning I would probably already have it ordered lol. That is another big chunk of dough to switch platforms, so I am on the fence.

Agray

Go Kart Champion

At minimum HPFP... IC is a given with any tune let alone an upgraded turbo. No need for a built motor, but the stage 2 Garrett will probably need to be limited in that case. Stage one Garret could be good for around 400HP on pump 93 with a HPFP.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
At minimum HPFP... IC is a given with any tune let alone an upgraded turbo. No need for a built motor, but the stage 2 Garrett will probably need to be limited in that case. Stage one Garret could be good for around 400HP on pump 93 with a HPFP.
You don't need a HPFP for 400 HP.

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
These are the questions i need to ask EQT. I want to tune for E and 93 and would like to keep it around 400 on 93 and 450 on E. Curious where that lands for fueling needs.

Reactions: the

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
These are the questions i need to ask EQT. I want to tune for E and 93 and would like to keep it around 400 on 93 and 450 on E. Curious where that lands for fueling needs.
Let be clear… everyone is basing these potential power ratings off of ONE a car garret shows and ONE dyno Garett shows.

Sure the fundamentals of xx comp when and xx turbine wheel can give us insight to gauge against other turbos and their proven power but till this thing gets out and run on various cars and dynos we don’t know the accuracy…

ED dyno till recently read like a monster and claimed 600+ for a vortex xl… now when you read verbiage from them based on their recalibrated dyno (and many customers cars on various dynos) the vortex xl is said to max out around 550 now.

550 to 600 don’t sound like a big variance but when you drop down to that 400hp range and think of such 380 and 430 is a big difference.

Attachments

• 0A6CB157-61D6-468A-A83A-C4215D3961D9.jpeg
    0A6CB157-61D6-468A-A83A-C4215D3961D9.jpeg
    727.9 KB · Views: 146

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
Oh i know that's true. I am just saying what my power goals are and the questions i had about fueling around those power levels and fuel types.

I am turbo shopping and this just added another variable to my decision.

Dynos are ALWAYS going to read different.