GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which years of the MK7.5 have full power seats?

robdubbleu

Car(s)
4Runner
Thanks @Nineeightyone !

I definitely want one with the Lighting Package and and the refresh (mk7.5). The only other thing I’m picky about is the enhanced Infotainment, but maybe I shouldn’t be… I don’t care about the navigation function because I’ll just use my phone anyway. I just think I want the bigger screen. But this is coming from somebody who hasn’t gotten to play with both side by side.

As for cloth vs leather, I don’t care at all. And the full power seats are not a deal breaker. I’d like the sunroof but wouldn’t be sad without it since they can problematic.
Thanks again for your input!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I've been driving a 2015 SE for 4 years. I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 2019 Autobahn with driver assistance package to replace it. The larger infotainment, big brakes, limited slip differential, full power seats, revised headlights, DCC, 7 speed trans, auto climate, and the lane keep assist stuff makes it well worth the money in my opinion. I love a fully specced out car. Given the current market and the rediculous prices I've been seeing, the gap between a clean mk7 to mk7.5 isn't all that much, so I'd just get the newer one.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I've been driving a 2015 SE for 4 years. I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 2019 Autobahn with driver assistance package to replace it. The larger infotainment, big brakes, limited slip differential, full power seats, revised headlights, DCC, 7 speed trans, auto climate, and the lane keep assist stuff makes it well worth the money in my opinion. I love a fully specced out car. Given the current market and the rediculous prices I've been seeing, the gap between a clean mk7 to mk7.5 isn't all that much, so I'd just get the newer one.

Yeah it’s wild how much more you get on a later build 7.5 AB than a 2015 AB. I also didn’t have PP on my 2015 GTI, they hadn’t built out the supply chain for it at the Mexican plant yet

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Is the AB the only trim with lane assist? Or, better question: when browsing listing pics, how can I spot one that is it? I would love to have it

I believe lane assist is standard on all models, but may only be available on SE and up. This is strictly speaking MK7.5.

My 2019 MK7.5 Alltrack SE has lane assist

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I believe lane assist is standard on all models, but may only be available on SE and up. This is strictly speaking MK7.5.

My 2019 MK7.5 Alltrack SE has lane assist
It would have to have the Driver Assistance Package. I don't have it on an 18 SE. The 7.5 did add (useless and disabled) Front Assist and (pretty sublte) BSM as standard, along with the Rear Traffic Alert. Lane Assist, Park Assist and ACC were part of Driver Assistance Package. I think it was optional on 19 and 20 SE's, standard on AB and not available on 18 or 21 SE's. I have no idea how it fit into the S though.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
No, VW is funny that way. My 18 SE has cloth, pleather was an option. My 17 SE had pleather, cloth wasn't an option. I do think 18 was the only year of the 7.5 that allowed SE's to have cloth. The marketing gibberish also says that SE's have pleather and AB have actual leather, which I think is true since the AB's I've seen appear to have the same perforated leather seats as the Golf R, just with red stitching, not the smooth pleather of the SE.
I also have a 2018 SE with cloth seats. Now if only the sunroof was optional...

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Just so you are not disappointed. On models that have it, ONLY the drivers seat is full power. The passenger only has power recline, everything else is manual.