GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need a friend to hold my hand.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Presently my car is a Unitronic Stage 2 - Mishimoto IC, Unitronic Downpipe, IE intake, stock plugs, Southbend Stage 3 daily clutch, Indy 500's on light weight wheels.

I purchased BFI stage 1 engine mount and trans insert and will be ordering the powerflex hybrid puck shortly - so the mounting is taken care of.

Suspension I won't touch until the struts are blown, at which point I'll most likely replace them with some B8's.

But I have some money and I want to go faster. Here are options that I am looking at. Funds are all expressed in CAD.

COBB with EQT S2 - $1000 - good base and if I wanna go bigger down the road I have the platform to do so.
There is a forum member that is selling a Littco IS38X, and he is looking around $1450 CAD with all the installation parts for it, add another $1000 CAD for sneaky OTS and say another $50 for plugs. So $2500 - I would do the installation work myself. Concern is: the extra $1500 for around 30 whp, is it enough? And although the turbo is new, no warranty etc...
EQT Vortex - local guy is selling a new HPFP for $400; turbo COBB and tune would be around $4500. Around $5000 total. Concern is: will my clutch hold? I'd hate to have to upgrade the clutch again, and well, $5000.

Thoughts, feelings and all the rest are sincerely appreciated.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I wouldn’t do the that Littco considering you are limited to pump gas.

I would stick with is20 based unit, so standard vortex or tpc with a sneeky tune.
https://sneekytuned.com/collections/vw-audi-products/products/tpc20-stage-hybrid-is20

Then do a hpfp + methanol, that will give you a very peppy street car and the clutch will be fine on a car limited to pump gas with a standard housing
So the TPC20 with cobb and tune would come in around $4000. Would I need to run a HPFP in the beginning?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I'm quite happy with my IS38+ and the power it puts out, although you sounds like you may want more.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah I saw that yesterday - the problem is Eqt has not even tested the results of that turbo yet, but the stage 1 at preorder is def. a great price. And should run cooler than all the hybrids.

Just when you look at the Garret direct info, those power ratings were done with 102 race fuel and it’s all flywheel numbers.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So the TPC20 with cobb and tune would come in around $4000. Would I need to run a HPFP in the beginning?
TPC says you don't need to run the HPFP but you're on the edge of needing it. I have the HPFP with my TPC20.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Is anyone running this Turbo?
Uni is developing OTS tune for stock fueling with that turbo and promised upgrade path for existing customers, just an FYI since you have their tune now and I think they said 465 crank but not sure on that.