GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Acadia18 How's the fit in the Neuspeeds? I run RSE05's and the RS wheel caps are beat (as are the wheels, but I don't really care about that, haha). The red ring might be too much for me, TR car, but for $12/each... I've already ordered them, haha. I thought I remembered reading that Mk7 caps were a little too small, but it might not have been about Neuspeeds 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Fit great. Neuspeeds are made to fit OEM centercaps, so there's no issue.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Fit great. Neuspeeds are made to fit OEM centercaps, so there's no issue.
Interesting... I wonder what was going on in these other threads, or if VW just did something weird on the Austin center caps, wouldn't be surprised, haha
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/neuspeed-center-cap-suggestions.361436/
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/vw-center-cap-on-neuspeeds.329272/

There are two part numbers for the "dynamic" VW center caps; 000071213C which says it fits GTI/Golf/Jetta/etc. and 000071213D which says it fits the Arteon/Atlas

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
90527CBB-D7EA-4085-9B78-5F84D4CAE37F.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I love the H&R 26/28mm setup on my mk4. I wanted less "twitchy" handling from the mk7 though, so I went with the ST RSB. Did you do both ends, or just the rear?

Just the H&R 26mm rear.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Just the H&R 26mm rear.
Seems sensible. I think on the mk4, the 28mm rear bar made such a large impact being in conjunction with the 26mm front bar, as well as adding a bar where there wasn't one before. My 25mm on the GTI seems to have neutralized things a bit, without introducing that 'twitchy' feeling I referenced earlier. Definitely excited to take it to the test & tune event next weekend -- it's not my dedicated racecar, but I do like all of my vehicles to have similar enough behavior.

Are you doing any flavor of competition events in yours, or is this to improve canyon carving? Either way, H&R seems to be a real top choice.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Go time! Time to “give ants haircuts” as waggedonce said once…

28A35AEA-0154-4545-B779-2BE3DA9D3182.jpeg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
ballsy move, if they catch you running around catless out there they'll prob try reinstating capital punishment
Just curious, how does that work with out of state registered vehicles?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Just curious, how does that work with out of state registered vehicles?
im not sure actually lol, i think they would just ticket you. which you wouldn't necessarily have to pay if you could go without ever returning to that state (or if you just like living like an outlaw on the run)

but it's a federal crime to remove/tamper with the cats so it's illegal all over the country