GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
If I had the option of the 2.5 then I would be fine with a stage 2 FBO tune. I mean I’m happy with my Golf R FBO but I just wish I had the sound of a VR6 or 5 cylinder with a manual trans in my current Golf R. Is that so hard to ask for…Lol

Def this! its a huge investment for the DAZA. a VR6 swap is much more affordable and is still an option for me however i prefer the 5 cylinder due to the chassis code and the weight savings.

i'd urge to explore VR6 swap options before trading in the R for an RS3. especially if you like your manual R how cool would a MK7 R32 be! you could get away with a stage 3 or 4 clutch kit and VR6 blocks can be had cheap. you could probably get the whole project done between 20k-40k instead of 60k-100k

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
The MK2 (2012-2013) TT-RS has a 2.5T with optional 6 speed manual although the engine in the MK2 "only" has 340HP and 332TQ. I'm not sure on the differences between the the 2.5T in the MK2 and MK3 but that would be a pretty cool swap.
the 07k is an amazing engine. IMO the prettiest VAG block under 8 cylinders. the specific the one from the MK2 TTRS is aluminum block and they're neither cheap or easy to come by. Iroz has pretty much perfected building this engine out to make around 1000hp as well. i don't think it wouldn't be much cheaper than the DAZA swap for a build like that. you can do an iron 07k for affordable $ but they're 2 different animals with a lot of differences.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Def this! its a huge investment for the DAZA. a VR6 swap is much more affordable and is still an option for me however i prefer the 5 cylinder due to the chassis code and the weight savings.

i'd urge to explore VR6 swap options before trading in the R for an RS3. especially if you like your manual R how cool would a MK7 R32 be! you could get away with a stage 3 or 4 clutch kit and VR6 blocks can be had cheap. you could probably get the whole project done between 20k-40k instead of 60k-100k
Thanks for the encouragement on looking at the VR6! Also, I also have a base 16 R which is rare I would say (says in your signature).

Right now I have nothing but time and someone did hint (member journals) that HPA Motorsports was doing a VR6 or 2.5 swap into their MK7.5. If you look at their Instagram they have a post saying one of those 2 is getting swapped.

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
Thanks for the encouragement on looking at the VR6! Also, I also have a base 16 R which is rare I would say (says in your signature).

Right now I have nothing but time and someone did hint (member journals) that HPA Motorsports was doing a VR6 or 2.5 swap into their MK7.5. If you look at their Instagram they have a post saying one of those 2 is getting swapped.
the base mk7 R is the best one IMO! i had a fully loaded 18 R. while theres features i miss about that car. seats, fender, lighting. i feel much more connected. no abs BS. i'm gonna check out your build thread and the hpa instagram. an HPA turbo VR6 R would be an awesome option if your trying to stay around 700hp. the HPA manifold makes that engine look really good!

nice to see all these MK7 swaps finally happening! so much potential to do something amazing.

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Awesome build man, low key jealous! 🤣

I just finished swapping a MK7.5 R drivetrain into my MK2 Tiguan, DAZA swap would have been a dream..lol
Do you have a thread or something for that swap? I'm interested

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Sub'd. I spoke with Alex to get an idea of the cost and timeframe. CA being a killer of anything motorsports wise, a custom DP is required for the swap, which totally eliminates the possibility of having an RS3 + Golf R in CA. Otherwise an amazing swap. Innovative seem like a great group of folks. I'd send 'em my R if I wasn't living in CA.

Wanted the Tractive shocks but they dont seem to want to release them so gonna go a different route with KW3's. Anything superior to the KW3's?
I'd recommend Ohlins. I've spoken to a few folks who've regretfully used KW V3's.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Did you guys ever get the 2.3 VR5 in America, that would be a pretty sweet swap and a bit lighter than a VR6.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
That sounds really strange. I don't hate it.
Looks pretty cute too :love:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
the base mk7 R is the best one IMO! i had a fully loaded 18 R. while theres features i miss about that car. seats, fender, lighting. i feel much more connected. no abs BS. i'm gonna check out your build thread and the hpa instagram. an HPA turbo VR6 R would be an awesome option if your trying to stay around 700hp. the HPA manifold makes that engine look really good!

nice to see all these MK7 swaps finally happening! so much potential to do something amazing.
Yeah we're really getting into the exciting part of the MK7 lifecycle. There are a few shops now dropping hints at the 2.5VRT from China now, and even a video of it running floating around.

The next few weeks are going to be awesome! DAZA I5, VR6Ts, all of it!