GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Yeah those look great. I don’t believe this guys have TT pads so they may look a little different on ours.
Manuals seem to have reverse rake without tt’s and rake with. I wonder if there is a pad with a thickness in between the stock pad and TT ?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
alright man. you and i have roughly the same set up. can you please take a side shot of your car? I have everything in my cart (dg's, b8's, tt's, installation kit). I just want to see a side shot of the vehicle without any angles before my final click

I DID IT. LOL. i ordered all the parts. thx yall... Crazy how intense it is deciding which suspension to go with.
Good choice. I really think this is a perfect setup for a responsible and fun daily driver. Just be aware it did take a few weeks for things to settle in, some nice twisty roads helped as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210729_173418~2.jpg
    IMG_20210729_173418~2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 259

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Good choice. I really think this is a perfect setup for a responsible and fun daily driver. Just be aware it did take a few weeks for things to settle in, some nice twisty roads helped as well.th
It looks great! Thanks man… installation on the 10th, I can’t wait!

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Any of y’all with manual a transmission have any advice about tuning? I don’t race or anything. Just want to add power.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Good choice. I really think this is a perfect setup for a responsible and fun daily driver. Just be aware it did take a few weeks for things to settle in, some nice twisty roads helped as well.
How much would you say your front dropped compared to your rear after B8’s and DG’s + TT’s

Last edited:

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Any of y’all with manual a transmission have any advice about tuning? I don’t race or anything. Just want to add power.
still have your warranty? what kills our clutch is torque and our stock clutch couldn't handle more than 300. JB4 is good to add more HP and you can take it off for any warranty works. Cobb Access Port is another option for custom tunes you could switch back to stock map. When you are out of warranty, simple stage 1 tune from APR, Unitronic, and the likes would give you very decent driveability w/ great added HP and T, flash and forget, just enjoy. If you don't race or anything, the tune alone w/o the needs of any supporting mods (bolt on) would be your best bang for your buck.
I'm very gentle with my stock clutch, mine is daily, so APR stage 1 high torque is ok for me, tuned at 7k mi now am at 28k mi

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
My stock clutch lasted up until around 51,000 miles before it started to slip. In those miles the car was JB1, Stg 1 low TQ, Stg 2 low TQ, then IS38 low tq. I'm very concious of not abusing my clutch but even I was surprised it lasted that long before it started slipping. I think driving style as well as torque levels play a big part in how long the OEM clutch lasts.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
How much would you say your front dropped compared to your rear after B8’s and DG’s + TT’s
For the first few weeks the rear looked very high to the point where I almost wanted to remove the TT pads. Now they seem pretty even, maybe the front is 1/8" lower than the rear.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
still have your warranty? what kills our clutch is torque and our stock clutch couldn't handle more than 300. JB4 is good to add more HP and you can take it off for any warranty works. Cobb Access Port is another option for custom tunes you could switch back to stock map. When you are out of warranty, simple stage 1 tune from APR, Unitronic, and the likes would give you very decent driveability w/ great added HP and T, flash and forget, just enjoy. If you don't race or anything, the tune alone w/o the needs of any supporting mods (bolt on) would be your best bang for your buck.
For the first few weeks the rear looked very high to the point where I almost wanted to remove the TT pads. Now they seem pretty even, maybe the front is 1/8" lower than the rear.
With spacers and stock suspension my rear has 3 finger gap. Front 3 1/2.
what is your rear and front finger gap with B8’s, DG’s, TT’s?