GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powerlifting Programs. Recommend One(or two)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Title satys it al. I'm looking for powerlifting programs people have tried. Doesn't have to be super crazy -- I'm not doing strong man.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I never did any power lifting... Even when I lifted heavy(years ago) I never maxed out anything. 🤷‍♂️

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I work out with the 12oz curls every night. Tonight looks like a heavy lift night though, so I'll switch to the 1oz sets....

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Try cardio lifting.
lit not playing sports, better overall and less injury risk. Example, not sure if best. But you lift to timer. My Senior College Football Year I switched to this. Summer camp was never so easy.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Try cardio lifting.
lit not playing sports, better overall and less injury risk. Example, not sure if best. But you lift to timer. My Senior College Football Year I switched to this. Summer camp was never so easy.

Thanks. I'll try it out during my long break periods. I hate cardio in any shape or form, but hey, never hurts to try.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Both. I've since come across strong lifts 5x5. Doing it now.

I used to do the strong lifts 5x5 years ago. I have kept the same compound movement training but tweak it to workouts that had the most mind muscle connection for me. I feel it provides best combination of strength gains with hypertrophy. I made significant gains its the biggest I ever got.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I used to do the strong lifts 5x5 years ago. I have kept the same compound movement training but tweak it to workouts that had the most mind muscle connection for me. I feel it provides best combination of strength gains with hypertrophy. I made significant gains its the biggest I ever got.

Yeah, i can feel it already. I used to do "shortcut to size" by Jim Stoppani. But i prefer shorter and more strength oriented programs, so strong lifts was an obvious choice for me.

I tweaked it a bit too -- 3 sets of deadlifts instead of one because i fucking love deadlifts.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Yeah, i can feel it already. I used to do "shortcut to size" by Jim Stoppani. But i prefer shorter and more strength oriented programs, so strong lifts was an obvious choice for me.

I tweaked it a bit too -- 3 sets of deadlifts instead of one because i fucking love deadlifts.

Yeah that's pretty much what I did, I kept
some of the compound movements but added Supersets at the end of each workout for pump and detail. Now I do more volume as when I started.

Here is my after and before.
Screenshot_20210907-234324__01.jpg

Not trying to jack your post but lifting is something I am passionate about and definitely wanted to share my results so far.