2019 Golf R
Before:

1627585470783.png

After:

1627585515733.png

GolfX

Car(s)
'19 GTI, '05 FZ6
So I've put a little over 100 miles on my car since the clutch spring + delay valve delete and Powerflex insert and I think it's been long enough that I can make some conclusions:

-Removing the delay valve and clutch spring should absolutely be the first mod any Golf/GTI owner does. I can actually feel the clutch engagement now and shifting feels so much more natural. It's much easier to shift quickly and smoothly compared to stock. Totally worth less than an hour of your time and $0.

-The Powerflex insert (red diesel version, not the full puck replacement) has been a worthy add-on for me so far. I no longer get locked out of 2nd gear when shifting at WOT, the shifter just does what I ask. That alone was worth the $40. I'm also having a much better time performing rev-matched downshifts which I didn't expect. I haven't had a chance to test wheel hop yet so the jury is still out on that. There IS some added NVH at idle and while reversing and I'm not gonna pretend it's mild or easy to ignore at times, but I also don't think I have it torqued down quite right (it wouldn't torque past 75 lb ft so the bolt might not be lined up perfectly) and it still needs to "break in". But the trade off is worth it IMO.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Done a spark plugs change plus oil by the dealer (I must due to warranty conditions). Consumption went instantly down by ca. 0.5l/100Km…please convert to volume and length units you prefer 😊