GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just put in a Powerflex dogbone street insert. Crazy vibrations at idle (900 rpm), especially with the AC on, but smooth from 1k RPM on. Shifting and power delivery have improved substantially, clutch take-up feels better. People say the vibrations calm down, I hope so.

Gonna do the cp-e 55 durometer mounts next, but I don't know when is appropriate. Stock mounts still seem fine. 29k miles.

Also did the Aerofabb splitter and hatch spoiler extension, which are great quality.

I would keep the stock mounts until they start getting bad. Mine lasted a little over 100,000 miles when tuned to 416 HP.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Just put in a Powerflex dogbone street insert. Crazy vibrations at idle (900 rpm), especially with the AC on, but smooth from 1k RPM on. Shifting and power delivery have improved substantially, clutch take-up feels better. People say the vibrations calm down, I hope so.

Gonna do the cp-e 55 durometer mounts next, but I don't know when is appropriate. Stock mounts still seem fine. 29k miles.

Also did the Aerofabb splitter and hatch spoiler extension, which are great quality.

If it helps, my BFI dogbone DID get better after 1k - 1.5k miles.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
BEFORE AND AFTER ADDING THE CUTOUT EXHAUST. I already have 3 inch pipe full borla exhaust, happy with it, but when cruising around with my lady is too loud just to have some chill time. So this is the final end with stock muffle and cutout when I’m ready to let that rabbit loose 😈 IG mad_bunnymk7View attachment 220373

That cutout is aimed directly at your gas tank. Fine if youre driving and the wind is moving that hot air... idle at a stand still for too long with that thing open and youre gonna burn a hole in your gas tank. Ive seen it happen.

mk_s

Car(s)
gti

after 400-500 miles that hybrid insert calms down.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Pick it up from detailing salloon for the first time.

golf.jpg
golf2.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I love European parking lots. I wish we had more lots with pavers vs just concrete everywhere.

I've been contemplating doing the area off the side of my driveway like that. Mostly because it's cheap and I can DIY. Right now it's just dirt and pine needles.