GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Spent some time under the car while airing it up and down. Trying to figure out where exactly the end links were catching. Looks like it’s just the passenger side and it’s catching on this little piece here.

58E597AE-0BCA-4E05-A8EA-6F540E87F322.jpeg

It doesn’t serve any purpose from what I can tell, so I think I’m just going to grab the angle grinder and cut it off.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spent some time under the car while airing it up and down. Trying to figure out where exactly the end links were catching. Looks like it’s just the passenger side and it’s catching on this little piece here.

View attachment 220124

It doesn’t serve any purpose from what I can tell, so I think I’m just going to grab the angle grinder and cut it off.

I'd go with a Sawzall.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Picked up the car after getting Ceramic Pro Gold lifetime coating...

From there, I took it to an upholstery shop to have some bolster damaged cloth replaced; then back to the ceramic coater to have the interior coated. The car's spending the night. So, I'll share before and after photos later.
So the first coating you had wore off?

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
No...

So the first coating you had wore off?

Not quite. I could tell it wasn't quite like new, but not bad enough to declare it "worn out." Still, I hadn't maintained it very well; plus, it had received some abuse from my roof rack on our coast-to-coast trip. Polishing the damaged finish stripped away the coating in those areas. I also had a tree limb blow across the hood, meaning more coated paint needed attention. My previous detailer transferred from the area. So, I started fresh with someone new and went with his affiliate's lifetime coating. This time, I had a wheel-off coating, which included the wheels, calipers, glass, and interior. The car stayed with him for a week to allow the coating to cure indoors.

No disrespect to my original detailer; he did a fabulous job! BUT, had I known about Ceramic Pro, its harder finish, and its lifetime warranty, this is the direction I would have chosen the first time. To maintain the warranty, I need to take the car back every year for inspection, light polishing (if required), and a touch-up coating, which costs $80.

VQVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE 6MT
Wanted to see what my RSe05s look like in silver before they get powdercoated. Luckily Home Depot Racing had Rust-Oleum Metallic Titanium Silver which matched my mirror caps pretty well. Unfortunately the color sprayed lighter than expected. When the wheels get refinished I'll likely go with less metallic and a shade or two darker.
View attachment 219874
How much does powdercoating 4 rims cost and what kind shop does that? Anyplace that does powdercoating, or an auto specific shop?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Next question, what are those DIY endlinks?

Whiteline “adjustable” and by adjustable they mean you can cut them until you get your desired height.

I’ll eventually upgrade to something else once I’m 110% sure I know what length I need for my ride height. As of now I’m still making adjustments here and there and they were only $60.

marchoz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
BEFORE AND AFTER ADDING THE CUTOUT EXHAUST. I already have 3 inch pipe full borla exhaust, happy with it, but when cruising around with my lady is too loud just to have some chill time. So this is the final end with stock muffle and cutout when I’m ready to let that rabbit loose 😈 IG mad_bunnymk7
A3887D30-0F20-406B-88B1-E5B400FF16B1.jpeg
D8E05698-E0EE-4310-BC86-13BF22887F14.jpeg

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Just put in a Powerflex dogbone street insert. Crazy vibrations at idle (900 rpm), especially with the AC on, but smooth from 1k RPM on. Shifting and power delivery have improved substantially, clutch take-up feels better. People say the vibrations calm down, I hope so.

Gonna do the cp-e 55 durometer mounts next, but I don't know when is appropriate. Stock mounts still seem fine. 29k miles.

Also did the Aerofabb splitter and hatch spoiler extension, which are great quality.