GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Stopped by my local Chemical Guys store since they were having 20% off, and grabbed the Ceramic Hydro Wash & Quick Detailer to maintain the Hydroslick Hybrid Wax.

1626471067349.png

So far have been happy enough with CG's 'Hydro' range of ceramic products. However, it has the same complaint as all CG products. They're ridiculously overpriced for what they are. Videos like this comparing it to the comparable Meguiar's product highlight that fact.

If you're paying full price, you're looking at over $80 on the Chemical guys side for the hybrid wax, then the wash and detailer to maintain it. The equivalent Meguiar's products would run about $45, and come with bottles twice as big. CG product's are good, and sometimes even a little bit better, but not for double the cost.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Stopped by my local Chemical Guys store since they were having 20% off, and grabbed the Ceramic Hydro Wash & Quick Detailer to maintain the Hydroslick Hybrid Wax.

View attachment 219839

So far have been happy enough with CG's 'Hydro' range of ceramic products. However, it has the same complaint as all CG products. They're ridiculously overpriced for what they are. Videos like this comparing it to the comparable Meguiar's product highlight that fact.

If you're paying full price, you're looking at over $80 on the Chemical guys side for the hybrid wax, then the wash and detailer to maintain it. The equivalent Meguiar's products would run about $45, and come with bottles twice as big. CG product's are good, and sometimes even a little bit better, but not for double the cost.
I like their packaging but couldn’t pass up the sale on meguiars. It was $17 and some change for the same size as a $40 CG ceramic wax

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I like their packaging but couldn’t pass up the sale on meguiars. It was $17 and some change for the same size as a $40 CG ceramic wax

I swear they spend more on their packaging and marketing than the products. I got the $40 bottle for $18 on Amazon Prime Day, which is the only reason I have it.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I didn’t get anything 🙁 did see that the wife got one of those generic black/white two step ladder that everyone has, So that’s cool. I think I have some LEDs coming in tomorrow.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Same durometer (70) as the BFI stage 1.
And? When did I mention the rubbers D?

Cpe- makes 2 versions/stages you as typical ASSume someone else’s experience with thier harder model also means their street model will be extreme also.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And? When did I mention the rubbers D?

Cpe- makes 2 versions/stages you as typical ASSume someone else’s experience with thier harder model also means their street model will be extreme also.
Diggs24 said his were 70 durometer CPE.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R