GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
It’s a bummer to some that Cornflower Blue has not remained limited to the Rabbits, but from a purist perspective, the spec is still awesome; Slick top, heritage plaid, and all the performance goodies. I think as time goes on, those cars will continue to be more and more sought after. The pricing on them here in Canada has held really strong, even with newer MK7.5s available in CF blue.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The Cornflower SE at VW South Charlotte (NC) just sold, leaving the last unsold '21 Cornflower available at Car Pros VW of San Bernardino (CA).

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The Cornflower SE at VW South Charlotte (NC) just sold, leaving the last unsold '21 Cornflower available at Car Pros VW of San Bernardino (CA).

It looks like the last '21 U.S. Cornflower just sold.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
My '21 from yesterday's road trip ....

2021-06-24 VW for upload.jpg

kilby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI,
My 2021 Autobahn with the 17.5 pound wheels which I feel fortunate to get on this last year of the Mk.7.5. I wish I could say the same about the missing and non functioning infotainment and Driver Assistance bits. Would appreciate hearing from anybody who does not have the G-meter, boost gauge, water and oil temperature showing up and can't permanently turn off the annoying "Lane departure" function, pain turning it off every startup when the manual says it can be shut off permanently...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3a86.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3a86.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
  • fullsizeoutput_3a8a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3a8a.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 150

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
My 2021 Autobahn with the 17.5 pound wheels which I feel fortunate to get on this last year of the Mk.7.5. I wish I could say the same about the missing and non functioning infotainment and Driver Assistance bits. Would appreciate hearing from anybody who does not have the G-meter, boost gauge, water and oil temperature showing up and can't permanently turn off the annoying "Lane departure" function, pain turning it off every startup when the manual says it can be shut off permanently...

In the U.S., the gauges are supposedly to become available in July, with owners receiving letters from VW. Not sure about Canada, but it's an indication that the software is written and nearly ready for deployment.

Last edited:

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Here, you can code it.

kilby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI,
In the U.S., the gauges are supposedly to become available in July, with owners receiving letters from VW. Not sure about Canada, but it's an indication that the software is written and nearly ready to for deployment.
Thanks so much for this hopefully accurate news. VW Canada is useless at after sales customer support...No matter how many new Volkswagens one has purchased..

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks so much for this hopefully accurate news. VW Canada is useless at after sales customer support...No matter how many new Volkswagens one has purchase

MY 3RD VW 2ND GTI MK6 & mk7.5 and agree 100% there useless with after care & customer service in General, but my dealership said the VW Customer care department is contracted out to a 3rd party, surprise Surprise. They were only allocated 4 Cornflower blue GTI's 2 DSG & 2 manual and all were pre sold factory orders.

kilby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI,
MY 3RD VW 2ND GTI MK6 & mk7.5 and agree 100% there useless with after care & customer service in General, but my dealership said the VW Customer care department is contracted out to a 3rd party, surprise Surprise. They were only allocated 4 Cornflower blue GTI's 2 DSG & 2 manual and all were pre sold factory orders.
3rd party explains a lot, VW can't see very far ahead with quality control and after sales service which is a shame as it just brings more sales to Hyundai, Kia, Honda, Subaru and others which are cranking up their products and service. Just sat in a new base Taos last week, the cheapness of the interior just supports VW's arrogance and riding on the "Audi Quality" reputation they used to have. Car and Driver said in an article this month "VW is a German brand trying to satisfy what it thinks are American tastes" and they are blowing it royally...

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I think it’s a bigger slap in the face to rabbit owners that they offered cornflower blue to Taos owners compared to offering it to 2021 GTI owners.

You could at least make the argument the 2021 was the last year for the 7 and therefore special. I was very close to getting a blue 21 se, too for this reason and I’m glad I didn’t.

The taos is the opposite of special… any year…