GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
Good choice - but - the salesman knew exactly what he was doing and it worked. They suckered you in with a promise for something they knew they couldn't deliver, then sold you something they had.

In this case it didn't really matter because you got what you wanted in a great color, but don't buy their BS about "I'm sorry, I made a mistake"
No I honestly think he wasn’t aware and also I ended going with another dealership lol

MeatHammer

Car(s)
16 S3 & 17 Golf R
No I honestly think he wasn’t aware and also I ended going with another dealership lol
So why not just configure this car online and have them build it for you?

Attachments

• F1DE50E4-99B6-479E-B313-1654B4B8C308.png
    F1DE50E4-99B6-479E-B313-1654B4B8C308.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 114

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Just for information, I just bought a really nice 2019 GTI S 6 speed manual, Dark Iron Blue Metallic, with the Driver Assistance package. It had 26181 miles on it. I paid $25500 OTD, the car itself was $23940. Expensive but one of the best priced 2018/2019 I could find locally.

Sami4sunday

Car(s)
Lexus IS 350
After months of research I decided on a 2021 GTI Autobahn DSG. Can’t live without ACC. As many said, there aren’t that many new ones out there. I found only 3 in WA/OR with MSRP around 39k, but sitting on the lot over 6 months. Is offering 35k OTD too low? Or 35k before taxes, fees, etc? Should I try to buy online from dealers in other states and pay for shipping? Risky approach without seeing the car in person.

I called VW and they said the MK8 will be in dealers in November. Anyone has a good guesstimate if this will be sooner? Maybe VW is being conservative. If I can’t get at least 4-5K off MSRP on a 2021 maybe better go for a 2022.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
After months of research I decided on a 2021 GTI Autobahn DSG. Can’t live without ACC. As many said, there aren’t that many new ones out there. I found only 3 in WA/OR with MSRP around 39k, but sitting on the lot over 6 months. Is offering 35k OTD too low? Or 35k before taxes, fees, etc? Should I try to buy online from dealers in other states and pay for shipping? Risky approach without seeing the car in person.

I called VW and they said the MK8 will be in dealers in November. Anyone has a good guesstimate if this will be sooner? Maybe VW is being conservative. If I can’t get at least 4-5K off MSRP on a 2021 maybe better go for a 2022.
You can offer what you want to but they aren't making very good deals right now.

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed

I am pretty sure they are not discounting much if any at all. Right now its the worst time to buy a car. Wait it out a couple of months if you can.

cb1111

If the dealer takes 35 plus taxes then he is an idiot. If they take 35 OTD , then they should be confined to a mental institution.

In the current climate, virtually ANY significant discount (so anything over a couple of hundred dollars) is going to be impossible.

Don't forget the military and partner discounts. The partner discount gets you $500 under invoice - which used to be an OK discount, but now is a stellar discount.

Sami4sunday

Car(s)
Lexus IS 350
Thank you cb1111, spaceworm, Jimlloyd for the reality check. I’m gonna wait it out.

I feel the mk7 is the one to have. Feedback on the mk8 infotainment, AC, connectivity etc related to the all new digital layout has been more negative on EU forums. Not trying to knock it, but 2022 might be the year to skip the mk8 till they sort the glitches

cb1111

Thank you cb1111, spaceworm, Jimlloyd for the reality check. I’m gonna wait it out.

I feel the mk7 is the one to have. Feedback on the mk8 infotainment, AC, connectivity etc related to the all new digital layout has been more negative on EU forums. Not trying to knock it, but 2022 might be the year to skip the mk8 till they sort the glitches
But if you qualify for the partner discount then you'll have a shot at getting one of the last new 2021's out there. Check the list I posted to see if you are somewhat connected to a company on the list.

Here is my earlier post with the list

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread | Page 201 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
But if you qualify for the partner discount then you'll have a shot at getting one of the last new 2021's out there. Check the list I posted to see if you are somewhat connected to a company on the list.

Here is my earlier post with the list

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread | Page 201 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
I’ve been reading some dealers are not “participating” right now in these type of programs. Haven’t read the fine print, but seems like participation is optional for many of these employee/affiliation programs. Hope it works for vw.