GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
without A/C it should be ~10 degrees above ambient during the pull (from personal experience w/ my g-plus)

with A/C on it seems to vary a bit

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
without A/C it should be ~10 degrees above ambient during the pull (from personal experience w/ my g-plus)

Ok sweet, thanks for the info

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Ok ill try logging with the AP. I have been leaving the jb4 on passthrough as to use it for my guages.

Does the ap have superior logging capabilities?
You were stacking that EQT tune and running 28psi at 5k and 23 at 5800 on accident so just remove it to stop that from happening.

The AP is vastly superior for logging and you can display 6 gauges on it to, just load the EQT loglist if you dont know what to log.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?attachments/eqt_loglist_mpi-zip.173616/

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Today’s pretty hot out In my neck of the woods. Plugged in the obd11 and driving like a sane person had my post intercooler temps 7-14f over ambient. Personally that’s the highest I’ve ever seen on my fmic to date. There was no bumper to bumper. And I hit a few red lights but not for crazy extended periods. This summer is gonna be gnarly.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Today’s pretty hot out In my neck of the woods. Plugged in the obd11 and driving like a sane person had my post intercooler temps 7-14f over ambient. Personally that’s the highest I’ve ever seen on my fmic to date. There was no bumper to bumper. And I hit a few red lights but not for crazy extended periods. This summer is gonna be gnarly.
You want gnarly come to Phoenix. Highs around 117-118* for the last week.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Have you logged your ait’s recently? Where are you sitting?
No I haven't. I would be afraid to see what they are after sitting at stop lights in city driving. Last summer when it was this hot after sitting at a stop light it would be +50*.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Also - folks don't seem to understand that unless you are under power/boost, an aftermarket IC will look basically like a stock IC....

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Also - folks don't seem to understand that unless you are under power/boost, an aftermarket IC will look basically like a stock IC....
Yup… just like when cruising and pushing 1-3 psi won’t show shit either, yet it’s still commonly referred to as a means of IC performance measurements.

The real test is watching a full WOT pull through the powerband and making sure the intake temp curve stays flat versus drastically peaking near the top.

Also it’s commonly ignored that the sensor reading temps is 6-8 inch away from the head that consistently in the 200+ degree range, so it’s naturally going to transfer the heat… point a heat gun at the top side of the map sensor and watch your iAT reading skyrocket.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You want gnarly come to Phoenix. Highs around 117-118* for the last week.

Nah, I'm all set. Fuck that "It's a dry heat!" shit. I'll stick with my beautiful 80 degree days.