GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car wash, cylinder 2 misfire?!? P030200

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If your car is stock I would change the spark plugs every 25,000 miles in spite of what the manual says.
At 50,000 miles you very well could need carbon cleaning. I had the chemical carbon cleaning done once at 50,000 miles and saw before and after pictures and then had manual carbon cleaning done at the next 50,000 miles and I'll just do manual carbon cleaning every 50,000 miles from now on. The chemical cleaning
didn't work that well.
Thus brings me to my fear lol.

Did you do the carbon cleaning or shop? I Have a CPO can I use the warranty for it?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thus brings me to my fear lol.

Did you do the carbon cleaning or shop? I Have a CPO can I use the warranty for it?
I had the dealer do both the chemical and manual cleaning and their price for chemical is almost $500 and $750 for manual. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think your warranty will cover either. I wouldn't bother with chemical cleaning. Chemical cleaning would be fine if done every 15,000 miles from new or every 15,000 miles after manual cleaning.
There's products you can buy to do the chemical cleaning yourself but I don't think they work that well.
I would also use an injector cleaner in your gas tank every other fill up. Chevron Techron is a good one.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I had the dealer do both the chemical and manual cleaning and their price for chemical is almost $500 and $750 for manual. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think your warranty will cover either. I wouldn't bother with chemical cleaning. Chemical cleaning would be fine if done every 15,000 miles from new or every 15,000 miles after manual cleaning.
There's products you can buy to do the chemical cleaning yourself but I don't think they work that well.
I would also use an injector cleaner in your gas tank every other fill up. Chevron Techron is a good one.
figured

I use Lucas

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Update. Every time I clear codes I have a saved code for a misfire no CEL.
This time I scanned it I had a static error for it?

Nothing feels odd but I did get a downpipe and I do hear occasional burbles and some VERY small pops if I rev a bit and let off.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Replaced spark plugs with .028 gapped NGK Ruthenium HX And also switched coilpacks for 1 and 2.
Old spark plugs at the following:

1: .030
2: Over .032 but under .035
3: .030
4: .030

Safe to say (knock on wood) I think that was the culprit. I gave it time to idle and check codes clearing out the stored codes. Gave it some beans after it got to temp and it feels way happier I think.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Came back today with a turbo actuator error too. Sell the car time?

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I never brought it in! And didn't do carbon cleaning because a friend that owns a shops for euro cars said its likely not it.

I have no clue.

New spark plugs/ swapped coil packs no issues
Running car to redline, no issues.
Turn it on when leaving for work a week later, stored code.

Wtf

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I never brought it in! And didn't do carbon cleaning because a friend that owns a shops for euro cars said its likely not it.

I have no clue.

New spark plugs/ swapped coil packs no issues
Running car to redline, no issues.
Turn it on when leaving for work a week later, stored code.

Wtf

How frequent is the stored code? If your car performs fine, a stored misfire may not be an issue. I had a misfire code out of the blue once. Car was doing fine. Cleared the code, it never came back. If yours comes back, but once again very rarely, i would not lose sleep over it.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
How frequent is the stored code? If your car performs fine, a stored misfire may not be an issue. I had a misfire code out of the blue once. Car was doing fine. Cleared the code, it never came back. If yours comes back, but once again very rarely, i would not lose sleep over it.
Every month or so maybe 2 weeks

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Does it trigger a light or is it just stored?
Stored no light. Tho I had a light once after a car wash but no other time.

I'm currently following a recommendation by my friend the audi mechanic to use what believe to be an excessive amount of injector cleaner through my tank.

If it comes back he thinks it's a vacuum leak.