GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Good thing you didn't install them yet!

And pls no more flat head action on the pistons.
true, and atm I have to use a flathead. I cover it in electrical tape and use two and not overleverage so I haven't damaged them. Fixed my mistake and it only took 20 minutes. Got to do it during a boring work meeting. Thanks for everyone's reply and helping me catch this early.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Hey at least you didnt get them back from the powdercoaters and installed them under the assumption that they put everything back correctly.

And then go do 3 track days...
Reading this, I realized why so many powder coaters around my area refused to disassemble and re-assemble the calipers and requested they came in disassembled already. Too many nuances for someone that doesn't specialize in calipers to remember and the risk isn't worth it if they mess up. I felt like I read more than enough before I went through with powder coating my calipers and I still missed some stuff.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
true, and atm I have to use a flathead. I cover it in electrical tape and use two and not overleverage so I haven't damaged them. Fixed my mistake and it only took 20 minutes. Got to do it during a boring work meeting. Thanks for everyone's reply and helping me catch this early.

At least they look happy...

Screenshot_20210611-134212_Chrome.jpg

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Reading this, I realized why so many powder coaters around my area refused to disassemble and re-assemble the calipers and requested they came in disassembled already. Too many nuances for someone that doesn't specialize in calipers to remember and the risk isn't worth it if they mess up. I felt like I read more than enough before I went through with powder coating my calipers and I still missed some stuff.
There's definitely a different coating on the dark pistons than the lighter ones.

My guy put the lighter ones on the inside instead of the dark ones and they def got damaged a bit from the heat. Can't find my pics atm, but I'll post them up if I find them

Paulo123

Finally had some time today after months to put these on (after painting, adding high temp seals, and adding RRG)...now time to bleed. Read that procedure is LF, RF, LR, RR. Does anyone have a definitive guide to have the best brake feel? Seems like everyone has a different experience lol.

Attachments

• tempImageqi8SXt.png
    tempImageqi8SXt.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 167

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Do it in that order multiple times, drive the car, feel how terrible it is, then rebleed it several more times. Maybe hit the calipers with a rubber mallet to get any bubbles out. Some people are also trying vibrators... err... "personal wands" as well to massage the calipers, supposedly.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Do it in that order multiple times, drive the car, feel how terrible it is, then rebleed it several more times. Maybe hit the calipers with a rubber mallet to get any bubbles out. Some people are also trying vibrators... err... "personal wands" as well to massage the calipers, supposedly.
You have to get the calipers to climax before the pedal feel is *tight*

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Hey guys, what would you say is the best track / race pads for the macan calipers? And also where do you order them from? I’ve checked ECS and urotuning and the selection is pretty poor.

Since the pad shape is the same as the likes of mitsu evo, it almost sounds like you can use JDM pads too?